Sign in to follow this  
the_GUNN_man

EFC-38 and neutralizing

Question

How important is it to follow up EFC-38 with a neutralizer? I was working today and my Shur-Flo's pressure switch went out and I didn't have a pump up with me and I do not like shooting oxalic acid through a X-Jet. I wasn't able to apply the acid when I was done. It still looked good. Can you go back and hit it a few days later to get the brightening effect? If it was HD-80 I would have used I would have been a little concerned and probably used the X-Jet.

BTW, I called Shur-Flo and they sent me a new switch free of charge. Will be here friday.

5 answers to this question

You can go back and brighten, even after a couple of days, and benefit from the results. You cannot let the brightener dry in place, though, without getting a lot of white marks showing up later - so plan on rinsing after about 20 minutes.

I was working today and my Shur-Flo's pressure switch went out

BTW, I called Shur-Flo and they sent me a new switch free of charge. Will be here friday.

Steve, next time your ShurFlo switch takes a dump, unplug the 2 red wires at the pressure switch and connect them together, either with a little alligator clamp or snip off the connectors and wire nut them together......this will bypass the switch and the pump will still work fine until you replace the switch....

Mine crapped out too and ShurFlo replaced mine for free also.... :cool:

I apply the stripper with the shurflo, but still use the pump most of the time for citralic brightening, already mixed and ready to go after stripping. Even if you don't use it that much a pump is worth its weight in gold if shurflo goes out. Orschlens carries a Stanley pump that will last almost forever.