Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Philadelphia Restoration Project

Question

Okay, I need anyone that has done a full on residential restoration to offer their input.

The project is a 90 year old house that runs approx 60'x35'. The facade is 90 percent porous brick The builder wants the house magazine ready. he is going to try to get it featured in one of the Philadelphia architectural digests.

My plan is to use a two step process. Their is significant mold growth so a wash with caustic and sod hypochlorite followed by and acid wash to restore brick luster and clean adjoining limestone. I am leaning towards using SafeRestore because I have heard good things about it.

5 answers to this question

Ken,

SafeRestore will take care of the mold problem for you :) Call Bob Port, Restoration Direct - this is what he does. 1-717-554-4292 He sells chems for EacoChem and Diedtrich I believe. He is the guy that hooked us up with Eacochem's NMD80. He's extremely knowledgeable, very willing to help over the phone and may even come on site - don't know how far Pittsburgh is from you.

Celeste

Call me if you have any questions I did a Restoration on a School that was built approx 1908. Used Prosoco's Heavy Duty Restoration Cleaner. Remember with restoration projects that you can get more money. I charged almost twice as much as I do on new construction brick. To give you an idea of my background. My full time job is selling restoration and waterproofing supplies. I pw part time, however I grossed more last year on the side than I did at my full time job. If you have some pics it would be helpful.

You can call me at 843-297-3335.