Sign in to follow this  
Russ Johnson

Hey, Ryan, you ok?

Question

10 answers to this question

He was good when I spoke with him this afternoon. They were at the new house.

My buddy's sister lives in those hi-rise condo's. She was in the tub when it hit, but it took out the windows and tossed all the furniture out the openings. Had she been elsewhere, it likely would have been a bad outcome.

I live about 5 miles the other side of the speedway and we had some down limbs, etc. but nothing serious.

Ryan, my son broke his wrist this afternoon and had to have surgery. We were/are dealing with that now. So, no tank pickup today and tomorrow is iffy. I'll do my best to go get it, but I can't make any promises. Sorry.

They said Atlanta got 5" of rain in 2 hours.

PTC has two old dams here. One about 6ft high, the other about 10ft high. Both 50ft+ wide The smaller one is just a ripple in a huge river, and the higher one is only about a 2ft drop. Many bridges wit 8ft clearance have water at the bottom of the girders.

Guys why are you not out bidding the cleanup job at the speedway?

Police barracades for one thing. All roads blocked about 1/4 mile out. They are terrified of looters and trophy seekers.

Sorry to hear about your son, Philip. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Thanks! He'll live, but fall basketball season is shot and band is iffy at best. Two pins and a plate in it for now... Skimboarding fall for those who are curious.

I just saw pictures of Atlanta Speedway. What a mess. 25 to 40 million dollars damage. They said Atlanta got 5" of rain in 2 hours.

Russ,

Thanks for the concern.

Fortunately we moved out just in time. The place where we normally park the cars was under several large limbs after the blow job of the year. That house is actually about 2 miles north of the Speedway. The worst we got at the new house was lots of mud washing away from the lot, but no big deal to us (just the cul-de-sac and driveways below us). Of course I let them know I would be happy to give them a quote to clean their flatwork.

I just hope FL doesn't get it like they did last year.

Skimboarding fall for those who are curious.

Phil, we just got back from FL and saw some kids doing some crazy sh*t on skimboards......they were pretty good at it but some wipeouts were nuts!! good luck to him.....

but being in 2 inches of water is better than being bit by a bull shark like the 3 were while we were there......2 up north in the panhandle and 1 south by Ft Myers.....

they were pretty good at it but some wipeouts were nuts!! good luck to him.....

I think he just figured that out the hard way.

but being in 2 inches of water is better than being bit by a bull shark like the 3 were while we were there......2 up north in the panhandle and 1 south by Ft Myers.....

Definitely! We have limited our time out in the water to no more than about 4 hours a day :)