Sign in to follow this  
RCBill

Stain/Sealer Sprayer

Question

I built a SureFlo spraying system; hand-truck, battery, pump, etc. While I would be surprised if this thing could not spray RS, cleaning it up may be difficult.

Is anyone using something like this for coatings application?

Bill

6 answers to this question

I've only used a shurflo set up to clean and seal for over 8 years.They hold up pretty good most of the time.Also the stain i use is even thicker than RS and i have no problems at all.

What size shurflo are you using?

Hey Seymore,

LOL!!!!

I'm earning my wings over here.

I have the 1.8 gmp.

How do you clean it up? And what do you use for a wand/tip? I want to use it for fences. I guess I could use it for decks to.

Save this dummy!!!!

Clueless in Wilmington

No Prob Bill :cool:

I run a "Dawn"soapy mixture thru the pump maby 2 or 3 gal to clean up.

Yes you can use this set up for decks or fences that pump will be all you will need unless you spray a solid.

Here are some pics of my set up i just love this swivel tip and 4' wand.You can also get a shorter wand also a 2' and a 3'.

I also posted the plastic trigger i use to spray my chems it's a great trigger

1.8 60 psi....i have tried using a 40 psi pump that is cheaper.Now it works ok but you can feel the difference of the psi.

I would rather work faster and complete the job as quick as i can to get out this darn HEAT!!! :cool:

Woo hoo we got rain yesterday.90 inches and today the first drops we have seen in 2 months!!

My grass actually started growing again...I'm not gonna be bailing hay after all :-)

Shane...Where do you get the triggers? Also, did you make the wand?? Also, I thought I knew where you were, but had to go to BJ last Thur. and thought you were right beside them, but guess I should have called first, like you suggested to get directions.

Denny