Sign in to follow this  
jason c.

coxreel

I know this one will get some laughs but... I have a coxreel 150' challenger hosereel. on the inside of the reel it is threaded for 3/8ths. Does anyone know what type of fitting I should put in there? 45deg. elbow? Should it swivel? I just want to make sure so I dont ruin a hose.

Also the chemical injector on my pump(downstreamer) started squirting water out of it yesterday when I pulled the chem line out... Is it supposed to do this? ive used it before and never has this happened. Do I just need to close it tightly before pulling my line? Ive pulled my chem hose off b4 and had the valve opened to suck the remaining chem out of it and did not see water squirt out at all. Sorry these questions are so basic. you veterans should have a good laugh!

thanx in advance for any response.

jason

I know this one will get some laughs but... I have a coxreel 150' challenger hosereel. on the inside of the reel it is threaded for 3/8ths. Does anyone know what type of fitting I should put in there? 45deg. elbow? Should it swivel? I just want to make sure so I dont ruin a hose.

My Cox reel has a welded in elbow that comes from the feeder pipe. I just screw the hose in without any other angle fittings or swivels.

Also the chemical injector on my pump(downstreamer) started squirting water out of it yesterday when I pulled the chem line out... Is it supposed to do this? ive used it before and never has this happened. Do I just need to close it tightly before pulling my line? Ive pulled my chem hose off b4 and had the valve opened to suck the remaining chem out of it and did not see water squirt out at all. Sorry these questions are so basic. you veterans should have a good laugh!

thanx in advance for any response.

jason

Sounds like the ball and spring are sticking or worn. A good flush after each use will help prevent that from happening so fast. More than likely you can take it apart for cleaning and inspection. Be careful not to lose samll springs that may go flying.