Sign in to follow this  
Joel Hawley

Not a very good start

Question

As allot of you know i am moving to Maryland from Tennessee. To make a long story short.

Today i called the moving company to confirm theywould be here tomorrow morning. The lady on the phone said " Oh I am sorry sir we do not have a truck available in the morning" My first thought was OK they may be a few hours late. I asked when can you get a truck? she said " in a week to ten days" I immedialtley asked for my money back and my new plan is, I am leaving for Frostburg around 4:00 am in the morning and taking all of my equipment with me. Then flying back Sunday and loading up the good old U-Haul Monday.

Do not ever use the services of A company called MOVEX they have left me in a real bind. I have been on contract with them since April 27 and they tell me the afternoon before they can't find a truck:mad: :confused:

3 answers to this question

I had a similar problem with Uhaul. Called and reserve a truck, many weeks in advance. Went to get truck and they say sorry, all are rented out. I ended up with a smaller one and made several trips. Not an option in your case.

wouldn't that be a breach of contract?if it is i think i would be getting a reimbursment of my moving expense.or be talking to a lawyer.

since they have put you in a serious bind.

The moving industry is well known for many types of rip offs, from sending a regular trailer with no special tie hooks inside or ramp to over weighing, one trick they use is not to fill their fuel tanks till after they get the empty weight, then when they weigh it with your stuff inside the tanks are full.

Another and this happened to me, they scavange they things. I lost stuff between our old home and new one, they did not show up to deliver on promised day and time, they broke things.

They did pay fo motel room and meal (s) offered to pay for one, I said 3 breakfast, lunch and dinner since we are incovienced by your lack of promise to deliver.

I used a National company too, Mayflower.

Check whomever you are going to use out well, ask what scales they are using and what time they will be there, go in and demand a copy of the weigh papers.

Open the fuel caps and check to be sure the tanks a full at the scales.

Yes you have a legal right to do all that and more.

A good company would have called you several days in advance to remind YOU that you have a booked date with them.

Did they even send you a confirmation in writing?