Sign in to follow this  
tropical wave

leaking chem injector

I am fairly certain this is a somewhat routine issue, so hang with me if this is a lame-o problem..... :)

while doing a deck the other day I noticed a "slight" drop in pressure/volume, I walked to the machine and saw water shooting about 5 feet in the air coming out of the downstreamer barb...... when the machine is running with no tip or an open gun, the injector sucks like it is supposed to, close the gun so the system is "closed" and the water comes spraying out the downstreamer.....???

I pulled it off, O-rings all look good, no gunk or debris in there, spring is intact... there is no debris inside the unloader where the injector attaches....

any ideas ??

there is a pic to make it easier to understand....the water comes shooting out of the top "barb" where the soap hose would attach....p.s....I never use this thing either, if that matters

thanks in advance... :cool:

Are you downstreaming bleach or acid with it? Standard unloaders have a steel ball that these chemicals will corrode. The ball is either pitted or something is jamming it open. If you use aggressive chemicals and the ball is damaged, you can get a kit with a ceramic ball in it. It won't corrode. Be sure the ball is the same size as the one that comes out.

thanks guys.....i havent downstreamed anything in quite some time, didnt even see the ball until I unjammed it, its a mess...Im gonna get the rebuild kit for it and for the heck of it Ill get the ceramic ball, its only $2 more, just in case I decide to use the darn thing...

Russ, as I was searching the internet stores I get stuff from, the kits dont specify what size ball comes with them...I'll just call so they can match it up with the same type downstreamer....

thanks again guys... :cool:

one more thing..... If i need to use the machine before this gets resolved ,will any harm come if i let this spray out the top ?? I wouldnt think it would matter other than reducing my output by a bit..... Thanks again :)