Sign in to follow this  
Jeffrey Abrams

vinyl fence pricing

Question

I could use some help in pricing a vinyl fence. The fence is 5 foot high and is not a solid fence. I has 4 rails only between post. Each section is 8 foot wide and there is over 4000 linear feet total. My customer wants to have the job broken down into section and would consider cleaning every 6 months to keet the mold/mildew off . Since its runs along the propery it is very long. Some of the fence however is horse and live stock corrals. I was wondering if anyone had any experience in pricing this type of job or how much I should charge per section. Thanks

6 answers to this question

Jeff,

1st of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

We gave a price on about 2000 linear ft earlier this year.This isn't as easy a job as it appears,remember you have to clean both sides,posts and tops and bottoms of the rails.I gave a price around $.50 a linear ft.(per side)/plus chemicals.The customer freaked(funny the people with $$$ always do.)and said they would do it themselves(the wife did it all with clorox and a scrub brush.she said it took her a month to complete).

If you get the job use pump up sprayers to apply chem to keep waste to a minimum.

I disagree with Jeff on the pump up. Burn the chems and save the labor.

FWIW, I did two 250lf sections (solid fence) at an apartment complex and charged $0.50/lf/side. Great money!! Applied chems (housewash) with an old style xjet (low press) and removed the remaining gook with a #40100 tip. Used a gun with no lance for all of it. It took about an hour per 250lf (one side). One section was even on a main highway and only afforded 6ft of working room. That added about 30 minutes. My neighbor has two 75ft sections (also solid) that I do for free twice a year. Takes about an hour and a half.

Some people love flatwork, but give me my Xjet and some housewash and I'll take ALL the vinyl fencing you can offer up.

Philip,

Jeff was the poster,I was the replier.

If this were a solid vinyl fence I would have also suggeted using the xjet.

However, with 4 rails you'll be spraying a huge amount of chems on the ground.Also, Jeff states there is live stock around so controlling chem exposure to a minimum would possibley keep help prevent making any of the property owners animals sick.

If this were a solid vinyl fence I would have also suggeted using the xjet. However, with 4 rails you'll be spraying a huge amount of chems on the ground.Also, Jeff states there is live stock around so controlling chem exposure to a minimum would possibley keep help prevent making any of the property owners animals sick.

You're right. I just got so excited about 4000ft of vinyl fencing that I forgot about that little detail...