Sign in to follow this  
a68cudas

deck board space staining?

Question

I dont have a sprayer yet and was wondering if any roller or burushers can share some tips on getting stain/sealer between deck board spaces on flooring besides using a brush? what do some of you others use?

5 answers to this question

I dont have a sprayer yet and was wondering if any roller or burushers can share some tips on getting stain/sealer between deck board spaces on flooring besides using a brush? what do some of you others use?

If you don't have a sprayer yet to stain you can always use a pump up sprayer for getting in the cracks.

The best brushes to stain with are Purdy brushes a little extra $$ but they are well worth it! :cool:

Agree with Shane, Purdy brushes do very well. I have a 5" that I keep in a zip lock bag when I am finished using it on a job. The zip lock bag keeps the brush fresh and the ReadySeal on the brush keeps it pliable.

reed

What's the best way for one person to use a sureflow to put the stain down and still

be able to back brush efficiently. Anyone willing to let me shadow them to see how they do it? I'm in the Ft. Worth area. I'm hoping to start this party Feb 1. Lots of knowledge to get between now and then. Thanks for any help.

Pete

Elite Powerwash

Hurst, TX

suffolkyank@yahoo.com

P.S. This seems to be the best board out there

What's the best way for one person to use a sureflow to put the stain down and still

be able to back brush efficiently. Anyone willing to let me shadow them to see how they do it? I'm in the Ft. Worth area. I'm hoping to start this party Feb 1. Lots of knowledge to get between now and then. Thanks for any help.

Pete

Elite Powerwash

Hurst, TX

suffolkyank@yahoo.com

P.S. This seems to be the best board out there

If you work in small sections by yourself then you can spray the section then come back behind yourself then back pad.I only use a shurflo to stain and have no problems back padding. Now the stain i use will allow me to do so and will blend in very well also it will not leave drip marks like some stains.

If you call me i might be able to set you up with someone in the Dallas aea.