Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Another tool for overspray removal

Question

Hi all,

We normally use degreaser if it's wet, or plain old mineral spirits, but recently tried Goof Off. Aside from that nasty smell, it works like a charm on cleaning up sealer. Thought I would pass it along.

Beth

9 answers to this question

On the can of Goof Off, it mentions that dried latex paint can also be removed. Often times, on condos that I do, the buildings have been repainted, and the sloppy painters didn't cover the decks right and drips of latex paint end up on the deck.

In the past, I've used a single edged razor blade to more or less scrape off the paint drops, but I'm going to try the Goof Off next time.

Also, I've actually had a couple decks that people have laid down pieces of indoor/outdoor carpeting on the decks, attached with two faced tape to hold it down. The adhesive from the tape dissolves right away with the Goof Off.

Now I'm curious if Goof Off might remove citronella wax spilled on a deck.

easy-off only work's when it's the reg brand. Not the fume free stuff.

By the way reg easy-off is 4% sodium hyd.

That is why it work's.

Either brand of beth's or greg's wood stripper in a spray bottle with a small squirt of Dawn will do the same thing.

Ron the ingredient that works is the orange oils.

You all should buy gumalene or a similar product.

Check with any janitorial supply house or carpet cleaning supply house.

Jon don is a good one to use.

Just be careful with goof off. We have been using for couple of years now. I will never forget when I put the ole rag in the back pocket after cleaning overspray off siding. WOW, talk about hot. My a** was burning. Learned my lesson that day. I actually had to stop the job, run back to the office, shower and change, then went back to finish the job. BE CAREFUL, GREAT STUFF THOUGH