Sign in to follow this  
JFife

need a pump

Hey Russ or other equipment gurus,

I have a backup machine that i love, it is about 5 yrs old and is a homedepot model 3200psi, 4gpm. It has a direct drive AR pump. The pump (or something) is bad, puts out choppy pressure. So I want to get a new pump on it, and then maybe mess around with the old and try and rebuild it for kicks. Question is, do I have to go back with that same pump, or can I get a Cat Pump or General Pump that would also work on this direct drive machine??

Russ, if you see this, let me know which pumps I'd need and how much they cost, and whether or not you stock them (timeframe). Thanks,

You have to match horsepower to your new pump.You probably cannot exceed your current PSI and flow rating by much if any,depending on your drive engine.The brand is'nt as important as matching your current specs.Also make sure the new pump has the correct hollow shaft size to match your drive engine shaft.

AR:

Good - XMV4G32D-F24, 4 @ 3,200 No unl & inj

$259.20

Better - RKV4G32D-F24, 4 @ 3,200 No unl & inj

$372.60

General:

EZ3040G, 4 @ 3,200, No unl & inj

$420.96

EZ3040GUI, 4 @ 3,200, Unloader & injector

$469.20

Cat:

4SF40GSI, 4 @ 4,000 No unl & inj

$742.30

66DX35G11, 4 @ 3,500 No unl & inj

$789.10

Udor:

ML40/30W, 4 @ 3,200 No unl & inj

$293.03

Comet:

Good - ZWD4030G, 4 @ 3,200 No inj & unl

$267.00

Better - FWD4030G, 4 @ 3,200 No unl & inj

$405.00

All should be readily available. I'll have to call tomorrow to check stock status. Your unloader assembly will fit either AR pump, but not any of the others. Delivery to you will be 2 -3 days depending on your choice of manufacturer.

Thanks Russ!! The AR "RKV" is the one on it, and I don't know the difference between that and the XKV. I'll probably just get a new unloader as well, and a pump rebuild kit (if you have them). I'll call you this week sometime, I'm not in a rush since it's a backup, but I'd like to have it ready. Thanks again for your help,

jon

Hey Jon...

The AR RKV is a good pump for the money. I have two of them on direct drive machines I use. It would be wise to buy a new unloader too. I've bought pumps that came with the unloader already installed. All I had to do was attach the four bolts to the motor, and tighten the set screw.

Also, I found that rebuild parts were kind of expensive. Figure about half the cost of a new pump, or maybe a little less, but either way, it's not cheap. I know a set of packings cost me almost 70 bucks alone!

Good Luck.