Sign in to follow this  
Phoenix Moore

Chems for roof cleaning

Here is something that I found on another board. There are people for and against pw of roofs, and this is one view.

If you use a pressure cleaner on an asphalt roof I would do the following:

1. Make sure that your Incorporated.

2. Get pre-sign off from your insurance company that you are covered.

3. Never let the customer know your real name and address.

4. Expect to learn the names of all the lawyers and judges in the area by meeting them personally.

5. Now that you have destroyed the roofs ask the local roofers to bid on your customer list. This is worth gold in the rainy season.

6. Learn to make friends fast. This will come in handy when they close the cell door and throw away the key.

Use ONLY Non-pressure roof cleaning.......

And don't kill all the plants.

Lee Manning

Pressure Washing Pro.

Orlando, FL

And another,

NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR USE PRESSURE ON A COMPOSITION ROOF.

I've been a roofing contractor since 1976 and doing P/W since 98. Roof cleaning is striictly a chemical process. Any pressure at all will remove granules and can break the overlaping seal.

These may be their preferences, but it may help you decide on your process.

Lee, Im aware tht only low pressure should be used.. I was looking for advise on chemicals.. some say chlorine, some say other things.. since you jumped on this, Im guessing that you have some degree of expertise in this? What works best for you? Im new to this biz, but fortunatly not technicaly in th dark. Id be very careful about catching my runoff, and protecting the plants as well as any passersby. There are just so many choices out there I want to try to draw from the experience of other roof cleaners as to what is fastest, cost effective, safest, etc. but as always, Im looking for one word from my customer... WOW!