Sign in to follow this  
desi

pin lock brush

Where can i get a pin loch 14-20' brush? I use a brush that threads to the pole , but it strips out and is hard to adjust. I think there was a post on this a while back.

thanks

Lowes sells some quality pin lock extension poles.

Just saw those the other day...they are nice. I didn't get one because the longest ext. pole they had with the pin locks was 16'.

Mike

I have a telescoping fiberglass pole for scrubbing gutters. I think I have the same problem you have, when I use it for a while the grip of the threads breaks loose and the brush starts to flop around loose. It sucks to have to adjust it once you have gutter shock all over it and you don't have any gloves on.

I have a telescoping fiberglass pole for scrubbing gutters. I think I have the same problem you have, when I use it for a while the grip of the threads breaks loose and the brush starts to flop around loose. It sucks to have to adjust it once you have gutter shock all over it and you don't have any gloves on.

I had the same problem, until I inserted a self tapping screw through the brush to work as a set screw.

Regarding the pole, I use an 18' from the paint store. The inner shaft is hexagonal aluminum and pin-lock, and it is much stiffer than a round pole and has no collar to losen or bind. It weighs very little, and I highly recommend it over any round, twist lock pole.

As for the brush I have always found that that those that carry pin lock poles (the ends, that is) do not carry truck brushes and those that carry truck brushes only have screw on ends. I did as john did and put a SS screw into it. I did pilot it rather than use a self-tapper. But unless the plastic is hard, it should not matter.

The paint store does carry pin-lock->twist lock adapters. You could always put a few dabs of epoxy into the threads and screw the adapter in. Bingo, pin lock brush head. I just didn't feel like spending an additional $8 when I had a screw and drill in the truck.