Sign in to follow this  
glock40

The Blue Book

Hey Glock40,

Say hello to Me,Smith & Wesson.lol OK bad cop joke and I never really liked my Smith&Wesson 9 mil. anyway. IF I had a choice I would take a Sigssauer 9 over a my Smith and the Glock which is known to jam up.

So where were we??Oh yea the BlueBook. A contractor in my area uses the Bluebook and he likes it. He landed a $6000 job from it which more then pays his cost for the year which I think he stated that it cost around $1400 yr to advertise there. I could be wrong about the $1400. It is something that may be worth looking into.

I have 2 ads in the blue book and they want a 2 year comitment.I have a 1/2 page ad in south florida and 1/4 page in north florida.The ads cost me $240.00 a month.I have gotten several calls from the ads and have put in some big proposals but have yet to land one.I think if your wanting to get into commercial work and large jobs its a good way to get your name out there.Hopefully after the 2 year commitment I will be busy enough not to have that monthly thorn poking me in the side. my .02 worth

We went with the ad w/ 2 year commitment - we've had some contact but no jobs yet, however, we also signed on with them AFTER this year's book was out - our ad will run in the next book. We do have an ad on the website and get leads that way but so far, nothing we've tried to mess with yet. It's not a bad investment I don't think since one commercial job in 2 years will pay for the cost 10 times easily - around $1400 sounds about right.

Celeste

I have talked with someone who advertises with them. I have seen the last 3 leads they have gotten. The leads seem very vague. Like "School addition" 30,000 sq ft building. But this job has not started, nor has the land been cleared. They are asking for everything, plumbers, electricians............ Yes pressure washing will be a part of this, down the road. In summary the leads seem very vague, but I guess the potential is there. Not going to invest at this point.

Jeff Robison

Titan exterior

678-360-2518

No it was not, here in Atlanta. But these are the types of things I have seen. Nothing expressly needing pressure cleaning. I am not into new construction and just did not see the pay off. Remember a lot of people are also getting the same leads as well, making it an immediate competitive (low profit) bid.

I have someone who wants me to split the ad costs and split any resulting work. That is the reason I have wanted to see the bids. The sales rep was supposed to send me any bids while I was making my decision (5 weeks, no bids that he has sent!!!)

Jeff Robison

Titan Exterior

Wow thanks for the reply guys, I can say for sure yes it is 1,400 a year and the guy wants me to sign for 1 year but I get a free ad if I sign for 2 years making it 2800 bucks$$$$$.... I was told by the sales rep you can 5 leads online from there web site if you register free at no cost. Well I did receive 3 leads but they are very very and I mean very vague ill post one below so you all can see it.

Title: Walgreens Enfield CT (New)

Enfield, CT 06082

Bids Due: 09/30/05 @ 3:00 PM

Scope of Work:

New Construction to Begin 10/15/05

Notes:

Invited to Bid:

09900-Painting Contractors

Additional Categories:

02200-Site Development 08400-Storefronts

02220-Demolition Contractors 08700-Hardware--Builders' Finishing Har

02300-Excavating Contractors 08710-Door Operating Devices & Controls

02700-Paving Contractors 08800-Glass & Glazing Contractors

02770-Concrete Contrs.--Sidewalks/Floor 09200-Drywall Contractors

02815-Fences 09300-Tile Contractors

02900-Landscape Construction 09500-Acoustical Contractors

04900-Mason Contractors 09650-Floors--Resilient [Contractors]

05120-Structural Steel Fabricators 09680-Floors--Carpets & Rugs

05210-Joists--Steel 09720-Wall Coverings & Wallpapers

05300-Decking--Metal 09900-Painting Contractors

05400-Framing Systems--Light Gauge 10150-Partitions--Toilet & Cubicle

06100-Carpentry Contractors 10520-Fire Protection Equipment & Syste

07050-Caulking Contractors 10820-Bathroom Accessories

07200-Insulation Contractors--Cold & He 12480-Mats & Matting

07300-Roofing Materials 15400-Plumbing Contractors

07304-Roofing Contractors 15500-Heating Contractors

07460-Siding Contractors 15600-Refrigeration Equipment

07600-Sheet Metal Contractors & Fabrica 15700-Air Conditioning Contractors

07620-Flashings 15950-Air & Water Balancing

07800-Fireproofing Contractors 16050-Electrical Contractors

08100-Doors--Hollow Metal Doors & Frame 16500-Lighting Fixtures & Equipment

08210-Doors--Wood Solid & Veneered

Internet Access to Plans, Specifications and Bid Documents

So thats what the internet email version looks like when you are asked to bid.

thanks guys.