Sign in to follow this  
mikew

Decker 5'er

Hi Everyone,

Bought a Decker 5'er off ebay. Everything came with the unit except for the pieces that allow you to draw your chems from a bucket. I have a short clear hose about the size of a garden hose that has a quick connect on the bucket end. Does anyone have a picture of how their decker 5'er connects to a bucket? Any help would be great.

Here are the pictures: http://www.mrpressure.com/decker.html

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

The 3/8" clear hose with the quick disconnect should have a maie nipple/screen filter attachment that goes in the bucket for your draw of chems/stain whatever. There should be another 3/8" clear hose with a brass end that also goes in the bucket for the return flow from the pump. Two separate hoses go into the bucket. The red hose connects to the female quick disconnect just to the right of the pump itself when looking at the opposite side of the battery. The other end of course connects to your spray gun. There is a small brass handle on the left side (again, looking at the pump itself, opposite the battery), that when placed in the up position, feeds flow to your spray gun. Underneath this is a brass turn knob that adjusts pressure to the gun, and is measured on the pressure gauge. The spray gun itself shoud also have a turning pressure adjustment.

Make sure you have a deep charge marine 12V battery and you can spray for a very long time between charges. Also, take care to have the unit supported when you remove the battery as it has a tendency to fall over. I've already replaced one manifold by not paying attention.

This is by far the finest HVLP sprayer for wood stain that I have used.