Sign in to follow this  
the_GUNN_man

Shur-Flo hose length

I am currently using a Shur Flo pump mounted on a dolly with a 15 gallon tank. I use about 30' of hose. It is a 1.8 gpm 100 psi pump. How much hose can I put on that before I notice a big drop off in pressure and gpm? I was thinking about leaving it on the trailer but then I could need up to 150 to 200' of hose on some jobs to reach the back of homes. I would just think that would be too much. Am just curious what is the max hose people have used.

I'm running 200' as well when cleaning roofs, and I see very little difference between that, and when I connect my shorter hose (75') for spraying driveways and what not.

For what its worth... I harvested a sureflow out of a carpet cleaning machine and mounted it directly on top of a 5 gal. bucket and only use about 20' of the clear hose hooked to a quik connect so I can use my main wand which has a dual tip on end of a single lance. I then use whatever length extension cord runnin off my generator or customers wall outlet.The dual tip on my single lance lets me pick how much chemical will go down. The high pressure tip helps put down less for carpet cleaning via the chemdry bonnet method inside a building but a big soap nozzle will soak concrete fast for pressure washing.

I do not want a ton of chemical in the hose before I spray it. Just doesn't work for me with some chemicals and leads to waste. A bucket or two per storefront or section to be cleaned if I am doing bleach, degreaser, or acid. If I am doing something bigger and it needs more dilution I just downstream it.

~Kevin