Sign in to follow this  
squirtgun

What is it?

Question

I think this is limestone,but not 100% positive.It on an older brick church(approx. 80-100 yrs) in town we are bidding on.They say it's concrete,but it doesn't have the same look or texture as concrete.

post-306-137772147493_thumb.jpg

post-306-1377721475_thumb.jpg

post-306-137772147504_thumb.jpg

4 answers to this question

Scott - that roof section in one of the photos looks familiar - If it's the same church with the nasty slate, could it be they don't want the "roof cleaners" to do the rest of the building? Back to the subject at hand though, you're likely right on the limestone. Check out Eacochem or Diedrich's websites - they will have specialized cleaners that I would be willing to bet will be for limestone but be as effective if it turns out to be something else.

Celeste

Yep,it's the same church Celeste.

The roof guy is still working away,he rented a small cold water prerssure washer yesterday.They have only about 1/3 of the side I originally posted cleaned.While I was walking around getting pics for the bid on the building I found pieces of broken slate laying around(maybe a dozen).The guy did tell me he needs a bigger lift and that he never knew it would be so much work

When we did a big church last year with tons of limestone we ran across many sections that had stains that wouldn't come out. Most were heavy stains that left shadows when we were done. That church had never been washed before so some stains were probably there for over 75 years.