Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sopowerclean

Pump gone Bad

Guest Sopowerclean

Has anyone ever ordered a pump from Enviro Spec? My pump has gone bad and i need a new one and they have reasonable price compared to local purchase. If anyone has ordered from them what, if any problems did you have.

Lawrence Carter

Guest Sopowerclean

it has water in the oil and it leaks water where the head bolts to body of pump. it is a legacy pump. is it hard to rebuild one?. i have never rebuilt one but would love to try.

Pumps aren't too hard to rebuild if you watch how you take it apart. Inspect plungers closely for cracks - sometimes difficult to see, especially on brown plungers. Coat everything with grease when you put it back together, and make sure you put everything in pointing the right way...I have seen people install packing backwards...don't work too good lol. Sometimes the hardest part is disassembly. The brass rings can get glued into the holes with water deposits, etc, and don't want to come out. I have had to use a slide hammer bearing puller to remove them. Give me the model of your pump and I'll see if I can find a breakdown for you.

Legacy...imported by Tuff Mfg. to replace the Admiral..gives them exclusivity (how's that for a 50 cent word) to sell parts. Tuff's out of business, but the parts are still available for both pumps.