Sign in to follow this  
VanDiesel99

Home made ladder racks

Here are some pictures of a ladder rack I fabricated out of about $45 worth of 2in square tubing and some flat bar. It saved me about $150 dollars and fits just how I want it. It took me about 2.5 hours. I am going to have this entire trailer coated with rhino liner. Any suggestions? I will also place a bench vise on the front of the trailer by the tongue.

post-364-137772148477_thumb.jpg

post-364-137772148483_thumb.jpg

post-364-137772148487_thumb.jpg

That rack is probably stronger than anything you could buy too. nice work. The Rhino liner is great stuff, I had Line X put in the back of my pick up and Ive carried all kinds of stuff, including 12% and other chems and its indestructable stuff. Good Stuff. Any other ideas-check out Mels ( PW KID )trailer, he has a great open trailer set up might give you some ideas

I can't weld either, I just used bolts and lock washers. When I finished I scarred up the ends of the bolt/nut so it wouldn't come loose no matter what. I would rather have welded it but I have never done any welding and I am too cheap to pay someone else to do it. :)

I took the trailer to get it coated with Rhino today. First price(includes deck flooring, ladder racks all metal including under fender) = $650... yea right. I acted insulted until he came down to $550. Then I traded some pressure washing services to get him down to $400. So he will be coating the whole thing, and I will be pressure cleaning his shop floor(not the area where they apply the liner! heh). Will take some pics when I get it done.

Right now I have the skid unit suspended from a couple of i-beams in a storage unit. I think I am going to place a piece of cardboard or paneling on the bottom and create a pattern for the bolt holes. That way it will be easier to drill the holes and place the unit. My question, is how do you guys normally mount your machines? My other unit is mounted directly to the wood on the trailer. I would rather have it lifted somewhat so I can work on it easier. I am thinking maybe just some treated 2x4's coated with something in between the skid and the trailer floor.