Sign in to follow this  
Don M.

I could spit nails today...

I made many mistakes today, or maybe my day just didnt go right I dont know.

First lesson learned...dont take the jobs when they just want the soffit facia and the gutters cleaned. Its either all of it or none of it.

Second lesson learned...I sprayed GS on a brush for the gutters instead of x-jetting. This saved me A LOT of product and seemed to do good. But this house (1200) sqft took me THREE :lgangry: hours to do the soffit, facia, gutters, and the eaves of the house. I felt like my dad when he said he used to get 50 cents an hour to bail hay when he was a kid.

What is a quicker method. I've heard of people x-jetting gutter cleaner on, letting it sit 5 minutes, then rinsing it off. Never has worked for me.

Does everyone have a wand? Is that the magic to this problem instead of an extension pole and a brush?

And speaking of brushes, whats the best brush to use under the gutters to get that 2 inches of facia board?

Thanks for your help

I made many mistakes today, or maybe my day just didnt go right I dont know.

First lesson learned...dont take the jobs when they just want the soffit facia and the gutters cleaned. Its either all of it or none of it.

Second lesson learned...I sprayed GS on a brush for the gutters instead of x-jetting. This saved me A LOT of product and seemed to do good. But this house (1200) sqft took me THREE :lgangry: hours to do the soffit, facia, gutters, and the eaves of the house. I felt like my dad when he said he used to get 50 cents an hour to bail hay when he was a kid.

What is a quicker method. I've heard of people x-jetting gutter cleaner on, letting it sit 5 minutes, then rinsing it off. Never has worked for me.

Does everyone have a wand? Is that the magic to this problem instead of an extension pole and a brush?

And speaking of brushes, whats the best brush to use under the gutters to get that 2 inches of facia board?

Thanks for your help

Don,

I put my gutter zap in a 5 gallon bucket and dip the brush in the solution and then scrub the gutters. Usually doesn't take long.

I learned as well that if they only want the fascia, eves, and gutters done then you should price it as if you were washing the full house anyway. You still have to prewet and rinse the entire side of the house. You can explain why when you give the quote.

I use a real soft brush from Home Depot called a Siding Brush I think. It does a good job of scrubing the gutter and fascia board.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Mike