Sign in to follow this  
rousec

Cyclops Cleaner

Question

2 answers to this question

Hello All, It’s me the “newbie” to The Grim Scene. After a 15 year absence in the pressure washing business I have returned to see that things have really changed. I am mainly doing flat work for banks, convenience stores and residential cleaning. I am running 5 gallons @ 3500 + heat as well as a Cyclone surface cleaner. The degreaser that I used in the past was white wall cleaner (orange powder to green liquid), it worked great. I have no issues with having to reclaim waste water. My equipment supplier gave me 5 gallons of a cleaner called “Cyclops” that you dilute 6-10 oz per gallon depending on the strength needed. The cleaner lists ingredients as Water; Sodium Tripoly Phosphate; Sodium Dodecylbenzene Suflonate; Ethoxlated Alcohol; Ethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether and Organic Phosphate Ester.

I used this cleaner with a dilution of 10 oz per gallon as a pre-soak with a 15 minute dwell and then metered the same through the pump while washing. I was not impressed with the results. Has anyone had an experience with this cleaner? Can you recommend something that would work better? The cost to the 5 gallon was $55.00

Thanks in advance for any input and what a neat site. Great Job to the administrators.

Carey