Sign in to follow this  
jthompson

driveway pricing

Question

Hi Everyone!

Hope the Holidays were good for you.

I am new to this sight and some may remember me from the powerwash assoc. meeting in gaithersburg this summer.

I have been asked to submit a sliding scale price sheet for cleaning driveways for a commercial landscape company. With this list, they can add the cleaning to any bids that they are submitting. Most of the cleaning will be asphault, removing ground in dirt from machinery. I have done this work before, but not enough to figure on the square foot pricing. I have a 13hp 4gpm 3700psi cold unit, and plan on getting a 24" surface cleaner. I have done some research through the network and would like to know if my pricing sounds accurate.

200sqft (minimum) $80.00 = 40 cents a square foot (to include set up, etc.)

350 $95 = 27 cents

400 $105 = 26cents

600 $120 = 20cents

750 $135 = 18cents

1000 $150 = 15cents

1350 $175 = 13cents

1500 $180 = 12cents

2000 $220 = 11cents

2500 (and up) $250 = 10cents

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Jason

2 answers to this question

Looks fine to me, it's about what I charge.. some guys are going to tell you your upper rate is high but not up here in the northeast it isn't. Is the landscape company looking to mark up your service? They might balk a bit.

I would get a smaller surface cleaner. Your gpm is too low for that size. You would have to move very slow to keep from striping the concrete..especially with cold water. You will move much faster with an 18".