Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Gutter cleaning Complexes

Who does gutter cleaning on Condo/apartment complexes. I now have several contracts for regular gutter cleaning, 1/4ly biannual & annual . I clean from 5 to 47 buildings each time. I'm making a killing on these gutter jobs, no chems or running machine etc etc. These are some of my most profitable jobs

Just yesterday and today my 2 guys will have 26 buildings gutters cleaned and they each will have a total of 14 hours tops total 28hrs and its a job I do twice a year for $2500 each time. This is great money well over $1000 a day profit and Im not even working it

I always said I hate doing gutters and never eally went after the work but now I mention it to all my PM's. Residential Gutter cleaning I dont like noone wants to pay fo it

Just wondering who else does alot of gutter cleaning and do you do it annually, bi annaul ??

JL

It's a great add on service. Every year money falls from the trees sometime around October - November. While your up there check for loose brackets and leaks as well and add that on if repairs are needed.

It's a great add on service. Every year money falls from the trees sometime around October - November. While your up there check for loose brackets and leaks as well and add that on if repairs are needed.

I have a few of them that if there is any repairs needed I do it and charge its also good money but cheaper for PM's to have me do it then have another company come out and repair them..

Thing about around here money falls out of the trees more than just the Fall time , we have these tall ugly pine trees that shed tons of long pine needles year round so the gutters can fill up in no tome at some of these complexes.

Then other complexes I do annually and theres hardly any trees and hardly nothing in the gutters and I still get paid

If anyone has ever thought of cleaning gutters on complexes and just didnt want to bother I suggest doing it . It is very profitable

Thing about around here money falls out of the trees more than just the Fall time , we have these tall ugly pine trees that shed tons of long pine needles year round so the gutters can fill up in no tome at some of these complexes.

Thats even better. From what I have seen, you just have to treat each account different when it comes to how often you clean them out. Like you said, one area has no trees and may only need 1 cleaning a year, the other has pine needles that fall year round and may need to be cleaned 3-4 times a year.

Up here it seems like all the leaves fall within a week, and then the race is on to see how many you can get done before the other guy. (just kidding about the race part :) )

Hey Jeff how do you cleam if you not using chemicals and a machine how are you cleaning the gutter? Are just cleaning them out?

Thanks Tony

Gutter cleaning - removing the debris from gutters & downspouts

The way we clean gutters on condos & other complexes is 80% of the time we do them with back pack blowers and blow everything out and then pick up everything on the ground that you blew out. I also use an electricians fish and run it down the downspouts to make sure there not clogged. Usually if they are clogged its at the ground level, then we either flush with water or usually dismantle them at the elbow.

If they are 2 story buildings we use a 32 foot ladder and get up on roof with blowers and walk roof. If roofs arent walkable which is rarely on condos we take ladder around and hand clean. I very rarely have to hand clean much and if I do. If theres a ton of buildings say 15 & up ad you cant walk them Ill rent a lift and I also always rent a lift if they are 3 story buildings, 3 stories is un safe to use a 40 ft ladder just to steep.

We usually do the large complexes with 2 or 3 guys.

Now pricing these you have to know how to get the work. I do some houses for more than I do complexes. I do 1, 2 & 3 story buildings from $65 - $125 a building. It doesnt seem like good money when your standing on the ground looking at hundreds of feet of gutter on a buuilding , but you have to figure if they are going to be a PITA or maybe some might be completely empty. . HOA's arent going to pay 2-3 hundred a building to clean 20 buildings

Let me give you an example of one of my best gutter jobs. We do 47 buildings 4 different propeties within a few hundred yards of each other. With a discount that I gave them its $5395 I bill them. Some are almost always almost empty and some can get pretty full I charge anywhere from $85 - $110 each building, we rent a lift for one week same as a 3 day rental. $1000. 2 guys can do all of they with blowers walking the roofs in 2 1/2 to 3 days and we do them 4 times a year. Subtract lift cost thats $4395 I get each time minus labor. You dont have to charge a ton to make a ton

Next week we have 24 1 & 2 story buildings to clean the gutters Im charging $65 for the 1 story ones and $75 for the 2 storiy ones these are very easy to walk and I know 75% of them dont have much debris and we will be doing them twice a year We will do all these in one day over $1600 and all it cost me is a little labor cost and gas for the blowers

Like I said gutter cleaning on complexes can be very profitable

But I cant stress enouugh to all and my guys , your on a roof you have to becareful and aware of where you walking at all time. One slip and that profit means nothing , Be carful

Oh ya if it rains the night or 2 before cleaning sometimes i wait a day or 2 till they dry or we bring a PWer to clean any mess on the buildings but thatdosent add much time.

JL

We do a good bit of Gutter Cleaning here in Atlanta, mostly residential homes, but also HOA and Apartments, around here everyone has to clean there gutters, there is a good bit of competition, so the prices arent as lucrative as you talk about, but they are still proffitable.

What other cities are you guys doing alot of gutter cleaning and pressure washing at???

Matt