Sign in to follow this  
Barry M

rust stain pics

Question

8 answers to this question

I can't believe I'm working in Jan. but it was 50 today and a little windy. Here are some pics of a nasty rust stain caused by a sprinkler.
Good job. but i think i see some on the trellis ther lol

I can't believe I'm working in Jan. but it was 50 today and a little windy. Here are some pics of a nasty rust stain caused by a sprinkler.

Workin in Indy you are lucky. Hey that looks GREAT Barry. People are amazed when Im useing OX, Im sure these people were too

Good job

JL

I cannot get over how it is that yuo have this 'rust' in your water!

Do you literally mean metal rust is in your water? I find it hard to believe that if I left my sprinkler going, against a white-painted fence that it would have this effect.

What do you have in your water to do this? Do you drink it? Is it like this everywhere in the US?

Steve you do see some on the trellis they told me not to worry about it they are wood and they are going to paint them.

Jeff acutually I'm 2 hours north of Indy so I'm really lucky to have nice weather, they were amazed especially that it only took several minutes.

Jarrod never tried iron out, I've just always used ox.

Richard It's iron and it is pretty common for people who are on wells, not so much city water. One contractor told me the only way to get rid of it is to drill a new well and look for some cleaner water. Most people I know on wells have filters on their faucets or buy bottled water.

Richard,

Iron mineral are dissolved in the water and in the water table where the well pump draws from. Concentrations vary on region, and depend on rock formations where the water table is.

The oxialic acid reacts with the metal deposits and breaks the bond so it can be rinsed away.