Sign in to follow this  
squirtgun

tax time

Question

Dear IRS:

Enclosed is my 2005 tax return showing that I owe $3,407.00 in taxes. Please note the attached article from USA Today, wherein you will see that the Pentagon is paying $171.50 for hammers and NASA has paid $600.00 for a toilet seat.

I am enclosing four toilet seats (value $2,400) and six hammers (value $1,029), bringing my total remitted to $3,429.00.

Please apply the overpayment of $22.00 to the "Presidential Election Fund," as noted on my return. You can do this inexpensively by sending them one 1.5" Phillips Head screw (article from USA Today detailing how HUD pays $22.00 each for 1.5" Phillips Head Screws is enclosed for your convenience.)

It has been a pleasure to pay my tax bill this year, and I look forward to paying it again next year.

Sincerely,

A Satisfied Taxpayer.

2 answers to this question

BINGO!

How many of you ever get a REBATE from a class action lawsuit in the form of coupons or calling card or some other gimmick?

What I do with them is find out the name of the Judge and Attorneys that handled the case and send them to them saying something like:

I demand to be paid the same way you were, by check with the same amount in American money but not like this worthless coupon forcing me to buy another product from the very company that cheated me to start with.

Did you accept coupons as payment Mr. - - - or did you get paid a check worth MONEY?

----------------

I kid you not, with the Microsoft settlement a couple years ago I sent it to Bill Gates with a letter saying hire a plumber and fix your toilets.

Never heard a word back but that does not surprise me.

What do you do with any class action suit refunds?