Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Muffler Exhaust

I want to have a muffler shop put a pipe running off my muffler on hot machine. The pipe will have to be about 4+ feet long with a bend in it going down to the floor and out the bottom of trailer. Will this restrict it at all. Will there being any problems doing this, sould I insulate it all all where its going out wood floor?

Also on the burner housing I have no vent running out and have had no problems sinse I bought it in Sept. I dont really want to put a large vent, but can I put a sheild on it faceing out the trailer, will this restrict or damge anything?

Thanks JL

Here is a pic of my rig where the burner is exhausted out the back of the trailer using large diamater round duct (stove pipe). The engine has a flex pipe that is routed into this larger pipe through a hole in it. The large duct is flush with the edge of the door. Hope you can see it in the pic and I hope I attached it correctly.

Sorry for the shameless "promotion" but this rig is for sale on ebay...Item 7587964303.

Doug

post-87-137772151823_thumb.jpg

Jeff, It won't hurt anything. Just make the hole in the floor big enough so the pipe does not touch the wood. Make sure the muffler gut puts spacer brackets on the pipe. I also would vent out your burner for safty reasons and to keep the aair "breathable" in your trailer for your engine & you. You might wanna check your air filter.