Sign in to follow this  
hawk

Hotsy?

Haggle, haggle , haggle. They are good machines just overpriced. They also make their own pumps now which could be a concern should you need to get parts in hurry and at a fair price.

Great machines in my opinion. I have a 1260ss with a gigillion hours on it, stills runs great. Yes they make there own pumps called Hawk. The only thing I have needed for it is the packings but General K19 packing kit is interchangable with my pump so it works out great.

Yes haggle, haggle but they are worth it.

Belt driven 3500 psi with 4 gpm's is what I have and I love it.I just had the plungers and seals redone on mine and it was like 171.00 and was done in an hour and half. They have all the parts online and you can see that by the #'s many are interchangeable so my dealer has always had what I needed in stock.To me the fact that they use their own pumps is a plus.It means a secondary supplier isn't always changing them just to create a bigger parts business.Just my opinion.

Scott

I've been quoted $4000. for a HCS-403039E. It has 13 hp Honda/3.9gpm @3000 psi.

12 volt burner/oil fired

50 ft hose/gun and wand.

This was the top unit, they also quoted me on 2 other units of lesser value and capabilities. I going to start in the resdentual market and work into commercial. The rep said with this unit I would be able to clean anything I came across.

I've been quoted $4000. for a HCS-403039E. It has 13 hp Honda/3.9gpm @3000 psi.

12 volt burner/oil fired

50 ft hose/gun and wand.

This was the top unit, they also quoted me on 2 other units of lesser value and capabilities. I going to start in the resdentual market and work into commercial. The rep said with this unit I would be able to clean anything I came across.

It sounds as if the rep is only interested in making a sale.3.9gpm will be a handicap on commercial work.

There are skids units available for less than $5k that have 18-20 hp engines and 5+gpm in the 3000-4000 psi range.

The price quoted is not bad for a Hotsy. My local guy quoted me $6500 for the same thing( he honestly could not believe I didn't buy it). I agree with squirtgun that you most likely will need bigger and that can be had for about the same $$ as the smaller Hotsy.