Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sopowerclean

Changed Pump Now Problem

Guest Sopowerclean

I have a tuff super skid that the pump went bad on 3500 5.6 gpm 1450 rpm legacy is what was on it with a k10 unloader. New pump is a general ts2021 5.6 gpm 3500 psi. i bought a new k10 unloader for it. I did not have to change pulley set up.

My problem is that with a 6.0 nozzle i can only get the unloader adjusted to 3000 psi. i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to how to get my pressure back up. I can change the tip to a smaller one and get the pressure up. anyone have any comments or suggestions.

Lawrence Carter

Carter's Property Maintenance

Could be that it is not a true 5.6 gpm and that you need to use a 5.5 nozzle instead.

How many feet of hose do you have on the machine? And is it the same amount that you normally have? Realistically you can not expect 3500 psi at the hose end. I use to run that same General Pump with 150' and pressure was 3200 at the gun.

http://www.arnorthamerica.com/spraynozzlechart.html

Guest Sopowerclean

my pressure gauge is on my unloader on one of the unused ports. i was testing it and only had 50' of hose on it. there are no leaks that i can find. i bought the pump from espec and the lable on it says 3500 5.6gpm i tried a 4.0 tip and pressure went to around 4000. i am going to try old unloader tomorrow. i dont really want to have to change all tips to equal 5.5. i have all my surface cleaners set up with 6.0 nozzles

Even if you used a 5.5 on the wand, you would still be using the 6.0 on the surfacer, as you will not be able to get 5.5/2, 3 or 4 nozzles.

A pumps psi is rated at the pump head with no unloader, burner coil, hose runs, reel, etc.

Do you have another gauge to compare with to confirm the mounted one is accurate?

Sopowerclean,

Good luck troubleshooting, hope all goes well. I have the same machine with about 800 hrs on it.

When you get the time, I have a few questions about what you think went wrong with your old pump and why. How many hours, what you were experiencing etc.

I appreciate your time if you can..

Thanks

Guest Sopowerclean

Brent

Call me some time and wee will talk about it

919-369-7964

Lawrence Carter