Sign in to follow this  
Custom cleaning service

could use some advice

Question

I am new to pressure washing this year. I took a class on profit in pressure washing, it was very informative and helped alot as far as decks and fences go. I am in maine and have a feeling that i will be doing alot of vinal siding as well as decks.I am not sure how to go about the pricing in my area. Do you know of any way to get an average of prices in my area?I have read alot on this site and am learning alot from all of you so i wanted to say thanks for that bill

2 answers to this question

I am new to pressure washing this year. I took a class on profit in pressure washing, it was very informative and helped alot as far as decks and fences go. I am in maine and have a feeling that i will be doing alot of vinal siding as well as decks.I am not sure how to go about the pricing in my area. Do you know of any way to get an average of prices in my area?I have read alot on this site and am learning alot from all of you so i wanted to say thanks for that bill

I am coming into my second year of pressure washing, and have learned massive amounts information from all of the contributors here. If you don’t get a lot of answers to your posts, I offer this advice.

1) Don’t say you have been reading on this site for a long time and then ask a question that has been answered hundreds of times.

2) The contractors that post hear are professionals and make their living doing this work, and graciously help anyone that asks.

I know it’s a lot of information to digest and as soon as you get the answer that you need you find another process.

Ask anything but make sure you know what your asking and don’t try to short cut doing your homework. By saying I looked but can’t seem to find. Most see right through it and just wont answer. (If you need a quick answer and don’t have time to read that’s ok ask away.)

Good luck hang in there, read, read, read, ask advice, and then read some more.

:rolleyes2 Don’t take this as hard words, it wasn’t meant that way

One possible way to know,

Check into local advertising and see what others in your area are charging.

You may even want to contact them and ask basically under the premise of wanting to keep in line with them so that you are not undercutting their prices.

Being competitive is all about offering like for like and being within a 5-10% range of difference. Being new, your prices might afford to be a little lower but as you grow your expenses will grow in proportion as well.

Keep searching in the forums under pricing and be patient. There is plenty of information on TGS.

Ultimately, your price will be based on the type of service you provide (high pressure, low pressure, mildew/algae removal, oxidation removal, paint prep, etc...), the costs of chemicals, overhead, labor, and profit associated with your business.

Rod!~