Sign in to follow this  
steffysmom

Dr-60

Hi Everybody---getting ready to clean some very heavily soiled drive-thru's--I've been hearing some great things about the DR-60. Would appreciate any input that any of you guys have. If you currently use something else, I would appreciate hearing about the concrete cleaning chemicals that you use.

Jeff

The main reason that we posted this message was because we wanted to make sure that DR-60 works well on concrete. We don't mind spending the $99 for 5 gallons to clean concrete since we want to make our customers properties "stand out" however, it is $58 to ship the product from Texas to PA--gets pretty costly per sq. ft. when you start adding in the shipping costs. We found the company that the product was made for in Richmond Virginia--I'm sure that it would be a lot less to ship from VA to PA--going to call them tomorrow to see what the shipping costs will be. Appreciate everyone's input.

Most concrete cleaners are shipped as haz mat, which ups the shipping charge alot. I buy RPC 2000 in 55 gal. kit, the shipping charges are still there, but not as much.

DR-60 ? Is that made by Dominion Restoration?

IMHO, DR-60 is a fine cleaner, but the price is ridiculous, the shipping is worse and to get good results, you have to use too much. Dr-60 is not a very good degreaser, but it does brighten the concrete. So...I use a good, inexpensive degreaser for drives-thrus and follow with a dose of oxalic acid to brighten.

I agree with John. DR-60 is excellent but at $32 per gallon with shipping you will have to charge almost $.20 per s.f just for chemicals. With other fixed expenses and the small amount of concrete on drivethrus I would have to come in at around $.30 per s/f. Even if you go $.25 per s.f you are still 250% higher than the going rate for commercial flatwork up here. In York the rate is probably even cheaper than $.10 per s.f. on average.

You can always offer it to homeowners as a premium service to set you apart but I would reconsider stocking it for everyday use.