Sign in to follow this  
mas3372

Please help me choose the chems

Hello,

I am new to this and currently have all my products coming in to set up my trailer. I will be doing mostly residential homes, patios, decks, and some retail stores. I have a 5.6 gpm, 3500 psi hot water Mi T M machine and will be adding a water softener. My biggest hurdle as of yet is trying to decide what chems to use. There are so many out there I really need some help. I have been reading on some name brands like chlormax, citra clean etc. but then I read that people make their own with bleach, dawn, tide, etc. I am hoping that a few of you can help me out. I have heard the words limonese and emulsifire and wax, but need help with some name brands of these things as well.

A bit about me. My name is Mike and I live in Rhode Island with a 3 year old and a 8 weeks old. Full time I am a fire fighter looking to make power washing a part time gig to help support the family.

Any help would be great. You can post it here or email me at mas3372@cox.net.

thanks, Mike

First let me tell you I am a bit bias because I am personal friends with a chemical supplier. I am friends with Steve Rowlett who sells the RPC brand of chemicals which includes the Citra Cleen. I used E specs chems before I met Steve and he showed me (hands on and educated me) on his chemicals and now thats all I will use. They are very concentrated and have never failed me. One other thing is the customer service he gives he uses the chemicals that he sells and if you need to know something you can call him and he will advise you on how to do it. Call E-spec and ask them and see what they tell you. Steve can be reached at 1-800-357-6295 call and just talk to him it wont cost you a dime to ask about his chemicals and he loves to talk about them. Sorry I cant help on other brands I dont use them. I will say this though and it will stir the pot just a bit. If you want to act professional, look professional, and work professional then use professional tools. As a fireman you dont pull up to a house with a garden hose you pull up with a firetruck. As a pressure washer in my opinion you dont pull up to a house with a box of tide or dawn you pull up with a pressure washing rig and you pull out professional chemicals and you use them and you know how to use them. Anybody can own a pressure washer and call themselves pressure washers but in my opinion why use something that the homeowner would have in their kitchen or laundry room. Just my two cents worth:lgsideway