Sign in to follow this  
yazbird8

What are most important equipment & chems

Question

If you where starting a business today with the knowledge you now have, what tools (besides your washer and vehicle) would you recommend to others, ie, X-Jet, types of wands, surface cleaners. Tools that you can't live without..... How about chems ........... two lists. One for equip and one for Chems......Maybe supply the appropriate web-site for each equip or chem.......An example might be:

Chems:

1. HD-80 (stripper) Sun Brite

2. Ready Seal (wood sealant) www.readyseal.com Sun Brite

3. Citracleen (house wash) www.rowlettpressure.com

4. Lemonator (masks smell of bleach) www.rowlettpressure.com

5..........................etc.

Equip:

1. Sureflo pump (sprayer) http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...ctId=527&R=527

2. X-Jet (injector and projector) www.Xterior.com Sun Brite

3.....................etc.

This would be a great starting point for newbies.

Stephen Andrews

POWER WASHING

HOME & PROPERTY

CARE & MAINTAINENCE

7 answers to this question

Guns

YRL50 13.2 GPM from Envirospec is the best gun I have used.

Unloader

AL-607 with the black spring is a very tough reliable unloader

Hi pressure pump

I am a big fan of the AR RKV 5.0-5.5 GPM 4000psi pumps. I have heard that General and CAT make great pumps too, though I haven't tried them.

Shurflo pump

3.3 GPM 115V Shurflo pump from Northern Tool has dramatically sped up my deck, fence and roof work.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&productId=200249074&R=200249074

Chemical injectors

Stainless steel dual injector from Envirospec is a great injector to have as well as the single stainless steel 5-8 GPM injector.

Turbo Nozzle

The brand new 2005 TurboTech Terminator from Envirospec is by far the best turbo nozzle I have ever used.

Mike

Pressure Washing Pro, Inc.

www.pressurewashingpro.com

If you where starting a business today with the knowledge you now have, what tools (besides your washer and vehicle) would you recommend to others, ie, X-Jet, types of wands, surface cleaners. Tools that you can't live without..... How about chems ........... two lists. One for equip and one for Chems......Maybe supply the appropriate web-site for each equip or chem.......An example might be:

Chems:

1. HD-80 (stripper) www.sunbritesupply.com

2. Ready Seal (wood sealant) www.readyseal.com www.sunbritesupply.com

3. Citracleen (house wash) www.rowlettpressure.com

4. Lemonator (masks smell of bleach) www.rowlettpressure.com

5..........................etc.

Equip:

1. Sureflo pump (sprayer) http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...ctId=527&R=527

2. X-Jet (injector and projector) www.Xterior.com www.sunbritesupply.com

3.....................etc.

This would be a great starting point for newbies.

Stephen Andrews

POWER WASHING

HOME & PROPERTY

CARE & MAINTAINENCE

It all boils down to what your gonna do .as far as what ya need .i carry everything to do all jobs i handle.

Hello to all! I am new to this sight as well as the pressure washing business. I am in the process of starting a part-time business and am in the learning stages. I have washed my house and a relatives house for the practice. I have done alot of research and want to give it a shot. I want to specialize in houses, decks, tractor-trailor, etc. I bought a 3000 psi, 2.7 gpm pressure washer. I bought cleaning solution from home depot, ( Zeps) , I didnt have too good of luck with it. can you help me with a better solution and where I might find it?

djcs, I like your enthusiasm. What you might want to do is narrow your focus. You mentioned "specializing" in three very distinct areas of cleaning all of which require different equipment and detergents.

djcs, you came to the right place for advice. Home Depot is the wrong place to go for anything that has to do with pressure washing. Zep is all overpriced junk. I know, I've used it. With a 2.7 gpm unit, I would advise upgrading to a 5.5 gpm unit for cleaning houses, decks, & fleets - especially fleets. As far as chems go, there are a lot of TGS suporters here that will help you.