Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Golf course bridges

Question

Did a job yesterday & finished this morning it was 15K of old rusty concrete at a local golf course we also did some other areas & 2 wood bridges at the course, they are getting it cleaned for an rating from a golf assoc. The Pro who runs it is a real nice guy. Well everyone one was thrilled how clean we got the concrete. Concrete had a ton of exposed aggregate, real rough and it had a ton of irrigation rust all over it. We cleaned it and applied Oxalic twice to it. I was real happy how it came out, it got rid of over 90% of the rust and in spots the rust was almost black.

We also did 2 wood bridges, came out nice we just used bleach & some pressure , the bridges were pretty beat. When I bid this job the Pro told me I was highly recommended by another property. He had said about the wood bridges that the head of Maint. wanted to talk to me about another NINE (9), so today the Head of Maint. came to me and said how everyone was thrilled with the job we did and our professionalism, I thanked him.

He asked me to set up an Maintenance program for the other NINE (9). Well go to find out as we talked he was talking about NINE other golf course which have several bridges on each. TOTALLY COOL, NINE course do the bridges every year. Man God is good to me stuff just gets handed to me on a silver platter sometimes. I dont know if I'll get them but they are just asking me to bid on them because of our reputation

OK question if I clean these is there anything good to seal them with, lots of golf cart traffic. WHAT A GOOD SEALER/Stain for Heavy traffic?

Plus Im going to have to set up some kind of rig I can take out on course

JL

6 answers to this question

Jeff, lots of ATV's have little trailers you can haul over golf course grass, or ask the maint. guys what they use. Instead of fighting the wear from the golf carts on the bridges, I would recommend something that can be reapplied very easy by you or the maint guys, that wouln't look bad as multiple coats are done. For my money, I still would recommend Readyseal for this app. The more you apply, the longer it seems to last, and you wouldn't have anyone screwing up a bridge with lap marks. Russell may also have something to throw in about WTW, I don't know how his abrasion test work, or come out, but its the main thing I would consider...

www.best-used-tractors.com/mini_truck.html

Jeff, I thoght of you today when I saw some of these cool little trucks for sale here locally. They have great little flat beds mounted on them, and you can put wide flat golf course tires on them and mount a pW and tank on them. If you have a flatbed trailer, you could haul one from course to course, unload, and drive to each bride/building, etc. I'm just dying to get onte here and figure out a way to use it in my business. Unfortunately, I drive on road everywhere, and we have NO subdivisions where I would need to drive off road or anything... Oh well.

These run 5k or so, will get 60mph, and will haul more than a Gator. They also are built by Honda, Suzuki, etc. so there are many more miles laft onthe motors. One of the Suzukis I looked at has 4 low, locking differentials, and locking transaxles, giving a real 4 wheel drive, not just two opposing wheels as most vehicles have now.

Those are really cool. What would be even better is if you had a crew of midgets that worked for you, and you could dispatch them out in one of those vehicles.

;) I'm having visions of a little fleet of these things going around doing deck resto. Only thing is I'd have to move, AND change my biz just to use them. Still thinknig on it though, I'll figure out some way to justify one of these babies for my biz....