Sign in to follow this  
mas3372

equipment placement

Hello,

I have my trailer, 300 gallon tank, tool box, hose reels and will be picking up my pressure washer monday. My trailer is 12 x 6'6". I will be taking off the landscape gates on the back to open it up.

I am not sure right now where I want to put everything. I know the water should be over the axles because of wieght and would like to put my pressure washer there as well but they would right against eachother. My questions are these.

1. If I put the washer on the front end will this 750 pounds be to heavy for the tounge wieght.

2. Is there a safe distance I should keep the washer from the water tank because of heat from the exhaust and burner.

3. What seems to be the most convienant hose reel locations.

4. I think it would be most beneficial to have the tank going the long way front to back so I have room on both sides for the ladder and chems and put the tool box on the very end. The washer all the way up on the tounge and the hose reels between the washer and tank and just pull the hose out over the trailer rail. Any advise on this.

Please help. I tried to search but found this similar situation out there but with few replys. Thanks

Hello,

I have my trailer, 300 gallon tank, tool box, hose reels and will be picking up my pressure washer monday. My trailer is 12 x 6'6". I will be taking off the landscape gates on the back to open it up.

I am not sure right now where I want to put everything. I know the water should be over the axles because of wieght and would like to put my pressure washer there as well but they would right against eachother. My questions are these.

1. If I put the washer on the front end will this 750 pounds be to heavy for the tounge wieght.

Shouldn't be. Remember, just because it is at the nose of the trailer, you still have at least a couple feet between the ball and the machine. I have mine set about 2' back from the nose, and there is no problem with the weight.

2. Is there a safe distance I should keep the washer from the water tank because of heat from the exhaust and burner.

My exhaust is pointed directly at the side of my tank, about a foot away, it gets warm, and a little dingy, but nowhere near hot enough to damage the plastic.

3. What seems to be the most convienant hose reel locations.

Passenger side of the trailer, wherever is convenient based on where the equipment is.

4. I think it would be most beneficial to have the tank going the long way front to back so I have room on both sides for the ladder and chems and put the tool box on the very end. The washer all the way up on the tounge and the hose reels between the washer and tank and just pull the hose out over the trailer rail. Any advise on this.

This is how I have mine, and it is set a bit closer to the passenger side (not centered). It makes it easier to reach the controls, and left me room on the other side of the machine for a 65 gallon chem tank.

Mike,

Thanks for much for the input. I think I will be setting my up similar to yours. I will have one side of the tank for my ladder and the other side for my chems. I have several 5 gallon pails I will just line up on the side. I will probally put the hose reels up on the rails. Or I may just put them on the deck and put some rollers verticle long the the rails to help move it out. Thanks for the input.

Mike