Sign in to follow this  
Specialized

Concret solutions

Question

I move into my new house this weekend and want to epoxy my own garage floor. This product www.concretesolutions.com is available to me locally and was wondering from you epoxy experts if you have every tried it or heard of it and if it seems to be any good. I've done epoxy floors before for friends but they always use Home Depot paints. Any advice on applying this type of epoxy would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

3 answers to this question

I've never heard of it or used it.

Make sure you acid etch your floor and pressure wash the heck out of it. Try to achieve a 120 grit feel. You might need to do it a couple of times. I don't know their system but we use 24" squeegees from Ace to apply the epoxy and backroll with 18" rollers. Make sure you throw the flake up in the air- above your head if you can. Do NOT throw it at the floor! A good pair of spike plastic shoes is a must too (the ones that fit under your shoe).

Thank you Craig. I was hoping you would answer. I know all about doing the etch portion. I use to pressure wash for a flooring company and do all their etching. I use to use their etch product though....isnt it pretty much just muratic acid?

Yes. Use Muriatic acid at a 3 or 4:1 (one part acid to 4 parts water). Make sure you add the water first before the acid. We like to use a stiff broom to work the solution into the concrete. You can use a simple one gallon garden sprayer from Lowes or HD, or use a flowering pot (I think that's what it's called). Make sure the sprayer you use is plastic so it won't rust.

Hey- I just noticed you were from LV. We were there last weekend!