Sign in to follow this  
Wallydog

Dual lance or Not?

Hello. Im still fairly new at this and are learning as I go. I have been applying chems with my single lance and a bucket of pre-mix I make up with the low pressure nozzle.

Would having a double lance speed this process or Should I use an adjustable chemical injector when doing patios, pavers and alike?

Im trying to determine the quickest and best method of doing basic flatwork. is it best to apply chems and let it dwell and rinse? Or should i rinse, and pressure clean using an adjustable chemical injector on a single wand?

Whats the advantages of a dual lance? Bit confused wallydog.

The chemical injector that you speak of is called a downstream injector. In order for it to work, you need to reduce your operating pressure from the standard of the machine. This can be accomplished by either switching spray tips, or by using a dual lance. With the quick turn of the handle, you will lower pressure and allow soap to draw, then you can twist again stopping the soap then clean and rinse. Saves times and eliminates wet pockets, but does add a little extra weight.

I apply chems, surface clean and rinse. Dwell time varies on each job.

Thanks OTP.

With a dual lance do I need to buy a adjustable injector and fit it at the top of the lance and then attach the hose from there? Or does the setup do that with the twist of the handle.

Can you buy a dual lance with the clip fittings at the bottom for changing nozzles or are they the screw in type? Do you have a recommendation of the parts i should consider? I was looking at Northern Tool Co as they have some good accessories and i have boiught a few things there and they arrive in good condition to Australia.

In order for a dual lance to draw soap, you do need the injector also. Without it, you will just be lowering pressure.

The clips that you speak of, are called quick connect couplers. On a dual lance, it has two nozzles on the end of the lance. One is a screw in type, most commonly referred to as a soap nozzle, and the other one is a quick connect type, high pressure nozzle for the usual cleaning task.

You can put in whatever nozzles suit you best. As far as Northern goes, they may have a few decent items, but I feel that you will be better off using a dedicated pressure wash supplier. My choice would be www.pressuretek.com Bob is a good guy, knows his stuff, and can assist you in getting the exact accessories that match your machine, the first time with no guessing.

In order for a dual lance to draw soap, you do need the injector also. Without it, you will just be lowering pressure.

The clips that you speak of, are called quick connect couplers. On a dual lance, it has two nozzles on the end of the lance. One is a screw in type, most commonly referred to as a soap nozzle, and the other one is a quick connect type, high pressure nozzle for the usual cleaning task.

You can put in whatever nozzles suit you best. As far as Northern goes, they may have a few decent items, but I feel that you will be better off using a dedicated pressure wash supplier. My choice would be www.pressuretek.com Bob is a good guy, knows his stuff, and can assist you in getting the exact accessories that match your machine, the first time with no guessing.

OTP your a gem. Thyanks so much for the information. I will check this out. Wallydog.