Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Battling through it

Question

You know some days are great, somedays just OK and some are so so and then there are some that are just a PITA. Well Ive had them all this season so far. A bunch of little stuff has made some of my days just a pain. I'm just bitching & moaning a little, I'm having some tough times staying on top of it all. I am staying on top of it all and have no worry that I cant handle it all but wow what a day today was

it started yesterday we started 17, 3-story condos, cleaning all buildings, plus all the gutters and dryer vent screens. We get there and signs are posted by PM company, The lift they delivered was an articulating lift, not a straight boom lift like I wanted, but I went with it because thats all they had, plus I had the lift my friend bought and thats a straight boom which I needed to boom over some obstacles. The rental lift we were only using for 1 day to get the gutters and then return it.

Later in the day we go to 3rd & 4th building and no notices and theres windows open on many units, plus I have a couple people complaining that they werent notified. then rental lift blows hydraulic line fluid everywhere, lift down for 4 hours The PM said it was their fault the girl got sick and didnt post. We get through yesterday real well ,got 4 buildings done.

Today get lifts running, get to keep rental lift for 1/2 day because of break down, Then my regular lift blows up . I go to move it and something breaks make loud noise and wont move in the middle of parking lot, Cant get it fixed for another day or 2, so I keep rental lift for the week now. I had to go meet a GM of a hotel, I get call from my guy telling me the lift sunk into the grass real bad. I get there its not that bad, but hacked up lawn a little, no problem a couple pieces of sod and we'll be ok. We drove all over yesterday no problem, Then I drive to the front of the same building I go to check the ground to see if its OK, Weird stuff I stood on the grass and it sinks & kind of wiggles, never seen any thing like it, So now I put to 3 ft extensions on wand and the hose blows, fix it, then a lady comes out and says we got her TV wet, well there was an open window and my guy didnt see it, wipe down TV no problem works fine, lady still barking in my ear. Rental lift now starts to make strange sound, they'll be there tomorrow to fix it. My earlier appointment calls and says they need the 1 day job done next week, I have work schheduled but he has to get it done because Wed they are digging up area I'll be working in to put a lazy river in, No problem, we start at 4AM next tuesday.. Then one of my guys has a leak on a gun cant get the quick conect to come off, bangs it off and he wants to change nipple , he trys to do it with one wrench, breaks a nice gun, no problem I ***** him out for bone head move. Trying to get last building of the day done and turn corner, cars in every spot cant get close enough with articulating lift. I call it a day, sometimes you just cant beat a bad day. THEN I call for another lift I want two lifts so I can get this job done ahead of schedule because I have other work popping up we need to get on. Sunbelt has NO more lifts in Little River, Myrtle Beach, Wilmington until next week, Call Hertz NONE call RSC NONE What the heck. Oh well I'll get it done.

I've had a few days simular to this and I know these days will happen I just hate days like this. But I guess when your the King, somedays you have to expect to get thrown off the throne LOL.

Sorry for the long babbling, boring post, I just wanted to get it out and complain

Tomorrows another day

See Ya

JL

8 answers to this question

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Jeff.

I've had the same problem with notices not being delivered before and it shut us down for the day. The only saving grace was the fact that it rained a few hours later anyway. I'm considering putting something in the contracts from now on that will cover us financially on days like that.

Keep your head up and Good Luck!

Jeff you make me feel good with bad days like that. Sounds like some of my luck. Jeff would an off road siscor(sp) work. call me if you need any help I may have some free time soon.

Jeff you make me feel good with bad days like that. Sounds like some of my luck. Jeff would an off road siscor(sp) work. call me if you need any help I may have some free time soon.

Call me what you doing Thursday need small pool deck acid washed for prep. I know you do acid, I guess that didnt sound right.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Jeff.

I've had the same problem with notices not being delivered before and it shut us down for the day. The only saving grace was the fact that it rained a few hours later anyway. I'm considering putting something in the contracts from now on that will cover us financially on days like that.

Keep your head up and Good Luck!

The notice thing is a pain, I usually have some of my own just in case, but didnt have any today left them at home. I just tell the people to call PM

Thanks Don my heads up, but sometimes I feel like Im on a battle field and should be keeping my head down. Got a ton of stuff just have to keep juggling and get it done with quality & on time, nothing i cant handle, just like a few easy days

Just one of those days that sort of beat you up

JL

Hey all right, that's the Jeff I know! The same Jeff that told me over the phone to hold my head up high and get out there and wash some sh*t! Remember dude, life is good. Thanks again.