Sign in to follow this  
Doug T

JIC connectors

I could not find the earlier thread about quick couplers coming apart, and I had mentioned using JIC connectors. Someone asked for an elaboration on JIC's so I am posting that info here.

I do not know what the JIC stands for, and they are also called somthing else that I cannot currently remember.

Anyway, they are a threaded connector that are a finer thread than pipe. The ends are shaped at a 45 (or there a bouts) before the threads start, so the male fits into the female (sound familar?). The nice thing about them is that they are hand tightened and then about a half turn with a wrench and they are tight. No tape is needed. And no swivel connectors are needed.

Not nearly as bulky as QC's on they hose reel. You would have to get adapters for your machine, hose reel, etc. that changes the pipe thread to JIC. The 3/8 male pipe the 3/8 JIC male adapter runs about $5.00 as an example.

I have used them for the past 5/6 years, I got tired of replacing the QC between sections of hose. Also, the hydraulic shop where I get my hose made will repair a broken hose unlike the P/W shops around here.

Hope this helps,

Doug