Sign in to follow this  
Don L

Never in 22 years...

have I encountered such assininity.I got a call to a mall store from a gc asking me to bid a window cleaning.I get on site,and find out that this is not really a window cleaning.I was presented with a mall store front,104x10,61 commercial panes,that have been completely covered in window tint adhesive!!!How can humans that moronic pull off the act of breathing!!!Anyhoo..Did chem test(scrapeing alone ...no freaking way.)Tried krudkuttr..didn't touch it.Got best result from 70% iso.alchol.It took 45 min to properly clean a freaking sq.ft!Still had to razor it HARD.I detest turning down biz,but unless somebody's got something that will turn this adhesive into butter,I may(gak...)have to pass via $$$$$$$$$ bid.Please keep in mind,brushed alum. mullions(frames).I do not want to use a petro based solvent...water sol is the ticket.As usual,this is a "is it done yet?"situation.Good news is that Nike will be footing the bill,but they still have projected budget.Anyone with some knowledge would be MUCH appreciated.

dLimonene is a citrus extract and is water soluble. I get mine from a chemical wholesaler where I get all my raw materials. It ain't cheap...almost $650.00 a drum, but you may be able to find 5 gallon quantities.

Straight out of the can....sop a rag real well and get the glue WET. Let it sit for a minute or so and drag it off with a razor. Wipe off any residue with a clean rag soaked in dlimonene, then use window cleaner. 'Taint an easy job. Wear neoprene gloves, too. It won't hurt you (I did it bare handed) but your hands will smell like you work at Minute Maid...lol.

Russ,

thanks a lot.Job is done.dlimeonene worked great.It trashed two squegee blades,wrinkled them up,made them longer!It is not rubber/plastic friendly,as most solvents.Thanks again for the new tool.

Hey Chris,

I did a local web search for dlimonene,and found(after a couple phone calls)a small co.that carried it.Turned out to be a pool supply.It is located in Syracuse,NY.,but I think they have a facility in Tx.Call 800.472.9189.Burn's System Clean All.They may be able to help