Sign in to follow this  
fireandrain

What Detergents Are Safe on Landscapes???

Question

Hi Guys, thanks for all the responses to my last post! I really appreviate your input!

My jobs have mainly consisted of:

1. Redwood Decks

2. Driveways

3. Aggregate Walkways/Patios

4. Brick work (almost always COVERED in moss!)

My customers almost always have expensive landscapes that border the areas i am trying to PW, so Ive ben hesitant to use any detergents or chems that might very well speed up my work.

I would love to know what chems or soaps are both effective on these types of surfaces as well as SAFE for plants.

Thanks in advance for any tips you all could share with me! Ive really been breaking my back without the aid of detergents, especially with the brickwork moss removal jobs...

Matt

2 answers to this question

Hi Guys, thanks for all the responses to my last post! I really appreviate your input!

My jobs have mainly consisted of:

1. Redwood Decks

2. Driveways

3. Aggregate Walkways/Patios

4. Brick work (almost always COVERED in moss!)

My customers almost always have expensive landscapes that border the areas i am trying to PW, so Ive ben hesitant to use any detergents or chems that might very well speed up my work.

I would love to know what chems or soaps are both effective on these types of surfaces as well as SAFE for plants.

Thanks in advance for any tips you all could share with me! Ive really been breaking my back without the aid of detergents, especially with the brickwork moss removal jobs...

Matt

Most chemicals that will be affective at cleaning what you metioned above, will have potential negative effects on landscaping, the trick is learning how to use these chemicals in the proper manor, thereby drasticaly reducing the risks.

You know, to do this (pressure washing) profesionally, and to achieve professional results, it's a must to learn chemicals and how to use them properly. There's mounds of subject matter regarding chemicals and their various uses in previous threads on this bbs. I would start by spending as much time as you have available to read previous threads, and if you are unclear about somthing in a previous thread by all means bring it back up to the surface for clarification. Hope this helps, and good luck.