Sign in to follow this  
blazingpw

run off effect

Question

When doing a house wash or roof cleaning how do you go back and forth spraying off the plants around the house? especially with a one man business? spraying a roof then come down and spray plants and then go back up to roof? how do you stop the flow of chemical through the wand to be able to spray plants with clean water and then start right back at cleaning? thanks guys!

3 answers to this question

It's a balancing act. First off I would never recommend doing a roof by yourself. Factor in day labor for a job like that. Use a temp agency to find workers. My advice is to work in small sections. Soak everything in sight first. It sounds like you are downstreaming. Apply chemicals to house (I do one side at a time because the houses are fairly large). You need to find a nozzle that shuts off your downstreamer but still provides low pressure. A number 18 orifice does it for my 5.5 gpm setup. Switch to that nozzle, run out the soap and re-rinse all vegetation. Peek at those windows. On a sunny, windy day, using the wrong detergent they will dry quickly. Here is where your labor problem lies. You have to shut the downstreamer off to rinse the house (if you are using what I call a "shooter" nozzle (large orifice, 0-5 degree spread)

When doing a house wash or roof cleaning how do you go back and forth spraying off the plants around the house? especially with a one man business? spraying a roof then come down and spray plants and then go back up to roof? how do you stop the flow of chemical through the wand to be able to spray plants with clean water and then start right back at cleaning? thanks guys!

I dont do roofs, (although there are a few around here that can use it), but on houses I do like Ken said, one side at a time. water all the vegitation around the perimeter and the windows first. I did something different on the house that I posted the pics of in the gallery section. I soaped up with the M5, attached to a dual lance, shut off the ball valve on the xjet hose, rinsed the windows immediatley, popped off the xjet, popped in a 40, throttled the wand to the soap (dump tip) and watered all the plants while the soap dwelled.....wasnt hot out but I was up on the chlorine quite a bit.....

I did a roof this weekend with a shurflo setup and I soaked everything down, and then set up a sprinkler, turned it on and up I went. It worked pretty well, but I won't take credit for it, I read it in another post.