Sign in to follow this  
Roger Oakley

Some before and afters using Bleach

Question

Just a couple of photos of a very small deck I did today.

Again used Diamonds Jims advice (bleach bath), and this is making my life so much easier,

Deck was really small, but there was concrete crazy paving to be cleaned aswell, so all in all not a bad mornings work.

Nice size 200 sq.mts of paving tomorrow.

8 answers to this question

Hey Roger,

Jim is a wealth of information and has been in wood for longer than most. Looks like you're a certified BDA contractor, see Shane for membership details.

Couldn't get the customer to go for a clean and stain on the privacy fence? That would have really improved the back of their property. Sounds like you're busy with ~ 2000 sq. ft. of concrete, thats good. Take care.

Rick

Owers are going to stain fences and deck oil the decking themselves at some point, just wanted it cleaned up as they are selling.

Shane

Thank you for the BDA club entry. :cheers:

Shane

Thank you for the BDA club entry. :cheers:

:cheers: same to you Roger..:cool:

I"m trying to work on getting some BDA membership decals for your truck windows...:D

Anthony,

Thanks for the positve comments,

You will find loads of great info on here, on how to clean decking.

Up till a few weeks ago, I was using a flat surface cleaner (I know you guys don't do this in the states) and the results are very very good, and then rinse off with lance/wand. But I have been converted to the chemical methods of you guys in the States, and let me tell you it is a lot quicker and the results are great.

One thing I will say using either chemicals or my flat surface cleaner it's not all about PSI you'll trash the wood, it's about water flow and technique.

Good Luck

Roger

Thanks Roger, I'm definetly going to look into this more. Most of the wood that I would be dealing with would be fences. If I can make a fence look half as good as you made that deck look, people would be pleasantly surprised :)

:cheers: same to you Roger..:cool:

I"m trying to work on getting some BDA membership decals for your truck windows...:D

Thank you Shane. Just let me know and I'll send address details etc.