Sign in to follow this  
hawk

Play Ground Cleaning

Question

I have approached a couple of Daycares about cleaning their playgrounds. They liked the idea. I'm wanting to know if anybody does this. If so, could you share information. I'm looking for frequecy, average charge, what (if any)chemical, does hot water alone disinfect the surface. I know a bleach mixture would kill bacteria, but I wouldn't want to endanger the kids, if for some reason it didn't get rinsed off. If this goes well I can see going to the hundreds of elementary schools and get them on yearly contracts. I would like to be able to market it as being able to keep children from passing colds to each other as much or allergies from pollen settling on the equipment. If you did this just before school started for the year, then every month or 2 it might not be a bad cash flow service.

Any thoughts,

Hank

5 answers to this question

I do alot of them here. Mostly for private day care centers. Most of them have not been done in years, or not cleaned properly in the past. Just use a strong bleach solution with good soap with hot water and the stuff melts off. They do not need to be cleaned very often. Rinse very well.

I get about 150.00 per big playground piece. Easy money, but you might not do the same piece for a couple or more years.

Jeff Robison

Titan Exterior

678-360-2518

Hey, this is a good idea you guys. I don't like to even take my daughter to some of these places because of the smell of urine and who knows what else. *thinking out loud* I wonder if there is some way to get a contract with the city for cleaning the parks around here......*ok end of thinking, my head started hurting* :)

I was researching the internet and was advised that using bleach could damage the plastics. Is this true or just someone trying to sell a product?

I am thinking that using my standard house wash of simple cherry, SH and water. Thoughts?????????????????????

I can't see any damage. The stuff is strong and more durable than any house. Just strong bleach, a good soap for cling, hot water and you are good to go.

Jeff Robison

Titan Exterior/Clean Up Atlanta

678-360-2518