Sign in to follow this  
Dan Stapleton

Awesome X-Jet Container

In case you missed the thread, I wanted to share something that I clipped from Preferred Pressure.(Thanks!)

Wal-Mart carries a 7 gallon water container that has a cap with a threaded hole in the center for the reversible spigot that comes with it. Fit that baby on both sides with some nylon barbs (90 degree elbow on top) and you have a large, convenient, spill proof x-jet container.It's blue and in the camping/sports section. 7 or 8 bucks!

Dan Stapleton

All Clean Pro Wash

Tavares, Fl.

352-343-2811

I may have to check out the walmart thing, but Im having no problem with my design as of yet....

I use a 5 gallon bucket (dark blue ones, they're :cool: ) and I drilled a hole in the top, put a MPT 3/8 hose barb thru a large washer and into the hole, then threaded a 3/8 FPT barb onto the MPT barb. the washer just keeps it from falling thru the hole.....I then have 3/8 hose clamped to the barb with a big filter clamped on the other end...the hose is just long enough to reach the bottom of the bucket. I make my mix, pop on the lid (with the hose and filter attached to the lid), so when looking at the bucket and lid all you see is the barb sticking up thru the lid, I then just put my xjet hose on the barb and its all good........also, I drilled a hole in the top, about 1/2 inch or so right in the middle to keep from sucking the pail inside out, and allow air to replace the liquid as it draws.....pretty simple and it costs about 6 bucks, including the new sexy blue pails... :)

I may have to check out the walmart thing, but Im having no problem with my design as of yet....

I use a 5 gallon bucket (dark blue ones, they're :cool: ) and I drilled a hole in the top, put a MPT 3/8 hose barb thru a large washer and into the hole, then threaded a 3/8 FPT barb onto the MPT barb. the washer just keeps it from falling thru the hole.....I then have 3/8 hose clamped to the barb with a big filter clamped on the other end...the hose is just long enough to reach the bottom of the bucket. I make my mix, pop on the lid (with the hose and filter attached to the lid), so when looking at the bucket and lid all you see is the barb sticking up thru the lid, I then just put my xjet hose on the barb and its all good........also, I drilled a hole in the top, about 1/2 inch or so right in the middle to keep from sucking the pail inside out, and allow air to replace the liquid as it draws.....pretty simple and it costs about 6 bucks, including the new sexy blue pails... :)

That is the way I have the water jug set up, as far as the barbs and the filter. Having that extra 2 gallons of space is really a timesaver for me. Since the handle is molded in, I can ferociously twist the jug to mix my powders, as I do not like sticks with chem on them laying around.

I don't have any pic's at the present time. The only "labor" involved is screwing on the barbs and cutting some 3/8 tubing for the intake line. Like T.W said, the intake filter will be just off the bottom of the container. The extra 2 gallons is nice , the thick molded in handle makes it easy to carry and it has a vent hole with a plug. Thanks again, Alan.

Dan Stapleton

All Clean Pro Wash

Tavares Fl

352-343-2811

Lou - you might find that a translucent container allows you to see what amount is going in when filling or how much is left when washing. I wouldn't want a blue jug.

Go to your nearest full service car wash and ask about their empties. You should find the heavy duty square molded 5s and 7s with the threaded cap handle and bung, 15s, 20s, 30s and 55s in poly drums. They usually pile them up in the back for pickup by their chem supplier. I rigged 4 caps with pick up lengths that fit the 7 gallon size and one with a pick up tube that works with the 15G drum. I cap the jugs that have solution or 12.5% with regular cap so my chem strainers don't sit in 'em and get all eat up.

There is no charge for the containers at the car wash or that tip from me...:)

/neil

That is a good tip Neil. I wish the carwashes around me had 5's and 7's. Just 30's and up. I like the already threaded cap with the wal-mart jug and it is transparent enough to see your level plus it may offer some u.v. protection for the chemical.

Dan Stapleton

All Clean Pro Wash

Tavares, Fl

352-343-2811

I reluctantly went to %#%* walmart tonight, I HATE that place up here, the ones down south are so much nicer, they're hell holes up here, no English is spoken, it smells like bombay india and it looks like a bulldozer just rolled thru behind an F5 tornado........anyway, I looked at the 7 gallon teal colored jugs in the camping section, they are really skinny, seems like they'd tip over fairly easily, especially when half empty or so.....they also had darker blue colored 5 gallon wide body ones that seemed better for xjetting, but I was thinking about filling them with chems, and the mouths seem a bit small.......almost like Id need a funnel to get my chems in....I passed, even though they were $5.26 each.......I may get on later on and see if I can make some sort of improvements......

Hey Mike,

That particular wal-mart may not carry the 7 but they could probably order it. The brand name of the one I posted about is Aqua-tainer and that name is in raised lettering on the side. The opening is about 2-3 inches. I mix in 5 gal. buckets with the pop-up spout in the lid and pouring into the container out of the spout works pretty well.They are short and wide. I've seen the skinny teal one too. Good luck and let us know.

Dan Stapleton

All Clean Pro Wash

Tavares Fl

352-343-2811

Tractor supply. Nylon. Measure or take the little spigot with you just in case but I think the threads are 3/4" attached to the 3/8's barb(one piece). One 90 one straight. A few spares is a good idea. They're around $1.50. You'll love it.

thanks i drove right passed there today on my way to ace hardware and i remember thinking to myself no way a tractor store would carry them

Tractor supply. Nylon. Measure or take the little spigot with you just in case but I think the threads are 3/4" attached to the 3/8's barb(one piece). One 90 one straight. A few spares is a good idea. They're around $1.50. You'll love it.

Here is my setup, the same as Dan's from Wal-Mart and I got the hose fittings at Ace Hardware. I couldn't find a 3/8"barb with 3/4" threads attached so I improvised. I found a 3/8"barb with 3/8" threads attached then I just found a 3/4" thread with an interior 3/8" threaded reduction. It works great but I just wish I was able to find them all plastic. No big deal I guess, I'm just anal and like uniformity. Anyway here are pictures of my setup. Just screw the lid back onto the bucket from Wal-Mart and “Walla " you've got your enclosed tank system for about 1/2 the cost of the one advertised at Sun Brite. The material from Ace cost around $7.00.

post-1931-137772160631_thumb.png

post-1931-137772160635_thumb.png

post-1931-137772160639_thumb.png

Northern Tool carries a 15 gal. rectangular tank on occassion. Had mine for 2 years. No need for complicated fittings. (No offense) drill hole in small cap at top corner of tank, shove hose in with PVC pipe to keep it strait to the bottom. Has large screw filler cap. Two rubber bungies hold it to hand truck. Your washin the house on 1 tank. $19.00 plus ship. Jon Orr will tell ya!!