Sign in to follow this  
PRESSURE PACKED

Has Any1 Used This?

Question

14 answers to this question

i dont like it for roofs i use sodium hypoclorite 12.5% ,the sodium hydroxide seems to pull the tar from the asphalt shingles ,when you rinse it you will see what i mean

"Wow, look at all that brown sludge coming off of the roof. It must really be cleaning it!"

:lgsideway

in fact the brown sludge may not be what you want ,just because it looks dirty dosnt mean its doing what you want!!!sodium hydroxide will clean a roof but i honestly dont feel a degreaser is what you want on asphalt shingles .the roof manufactures tend to stay away from it and lean to the sodium hypoclorite chem.sodium hypoclorite will damage plants but not if you prewet them and then rinse afterwards

"Wow, look at all that brown sludge coming off of the roof. It must really be cleaning it!"

HAHAHAHA I think Thad was being funny.....(but then again.LOL)

Sodium hydroxide will burn the hell out of plants(worse than bleach). I see brown sludge coming off of roofs when I use sodium hypochlorite, no different than sodium hydroxide in fact. I am not sure what you guys are talking about? I tried my housewash mix on a roof(1 gal 12.5% sh in 5gallons XJETTED). And it was the same outcome as a sodium hydroxide mixture.

HAHAHAHA I think Thad was being funny.....(but then again.LOL)

I tried, but wasn't very successful.

:)

What strength sodium hodryxide are you using and how are you cutting it. I work in a chemical factory and we have the 50% and lord knows dont get it on you. We also have potassium hydroxide in 45% and flake (about 90%) strength and they do well for cleaning concrete floors with some TSP.

As previously stated why would you put a major degreaser on shingles that are held together by an oil based product?

Just curious.

Anthony

What strength sodium hodryxide are you using and how are you cutting it. I work in a chemical factory and we have the 50% and lord knows dont get it on you.

Yep. This is what one undetected drop through pants, thick socks, and safety boots will do to you.

post-1711-137772156387_thumb.jpg