Sign in to follow this  
Don M.

A Gggrrreeaatt Day!!

Question

Got home from my full time job went on 2 job bids, landed both jobs and the cool thing about it was it was almost $2000.00 dollars worth of work for both, plus the possiblity of a deck job on the first bid.

This may sound like chump change to you big guys, but this was 1/3 of what I did my first year (last year).

I took Jeff's advice on mailing postcards to the same area over and over and over. This was the third time I send the postcards with a different picture on it and bingo. I landed a house wash and maybe the deck.

My newspaper ad landed me the $1700.00 job.

I am pumped!!

3 answers to this question

Don your on your way to being the King, Congrats.

I remember the 1st good sized job I got it was $1800 and I was so excited, I finished the job in a day and a half with a helper. I thought then this is the biz for me.

You know just the other day I was thinking how for a few weeks Ive had a lot of little jobs all between $1000 - $2500 and no bigger 5K, 6K, 10K jobs. Then I thought how cool is it that I can say that a $2000 job is small.

Don good going landing the work and keep that brain working on Ideas & ways to keep getting the work. More post cards in the same neighborhood right before you do the jobs.

Sell Sell Sell

JL

Way to go Don, I admire your patients and persistence. You were right about the before and after pics on PC's, I've had a much better return on my latest mailing, thanks.