Sign in to follow this  
Jarrod

Washing Trex (black spots)

Question

I have to wash a Trex deck tomorrow. It has the typical black spots on it. I'm thinking of using E-Plus or SH on it. Is there a better way?

Thanx in advance, Jarrod

29 answers to this question

Trex lost a class action lawsuit and there current rates to clean up there mess is $1.50sq.' I've done 10+ decks for them in the past year and all of it was easy money but the customers on average where extremely pissed at Trex so this is something that you have to put up with. You are paid for these jobs by Trex. They send you the work order and the homeowner the materials for you to use when you get there.

When I clean Trex on my own I never get nowhere near that price. A 600 sq' Trex deck I'm lucky if I can get $200 to clean it................

As for the sealer its some milky stuff that Trex supplies then looks white but dries clear. I have no idea what it is or do I care. I'm just following Trex procedure.

Trex lost a class action lawsuit and there current rates to clean up there mess is $1.50sq.' I've done 10+ decks for them in the past year and all of it was easy money but the customers on average where extremely pissed at Trex so this is something that you have to put up with. You are paid for these jobs by Trex. They send you the work order and the homeowner the materials for you to use when you get there.

When I clean Trex on my own I never get nowhere near that price. A 600 sq' Trex deck I'm lucky if I can get $200 to clean it................

As for the sealer its some milky stuff that Trex supplies then looks white but dries clear. I have no idea what it is or do I care. I'm just following Trex procedure.

Cool thanks John for the info :cool:

i'm gonna have to get in touch with Trex and see if i could get some jobs in the winter whe we slow down some.

If someone can afford to have a composite deck built then i would think $400 to maintain it shouldn't be a problem.The cost of composite materials have dropped close to PT pine decking materials cost. I like Choice decking way better than Trex looks better and feels better to walk on than Trex.