Sign in to follow this  
Crownroyal

Wondering what you guys might think

Question

I have a pm looking for a price to just clean a 2480 ft fence on both sides.

They are bush hogging the area on both sides so I can have access. I will have a hydrant meter supplied to me so I have no water costs.

I will be using my rig and a 300-gallon tank to do this job. Two to three guys.

One spraying cleaning chems and one washing.

I was wondering what type of ballpark figure would I be look at?

Any help would be appreciated. If there’s more info needed I will re post.

I have to go this morning to finish my 16-condo unit with the same pm company. They already have there in house guys re staining with CWF ugh I tried.

Thanks for any ideas.

Dan

3 answers to this question

Is that a linear foot measurement? If so, you are looking at about 30,000 s/f (using 6' height) Even if you go the cheapest route and just clean with bleach and get $.15/s.f You are looking at $4500. I have done two fences in my wood career and those were both relativey small. I wouldn't touch any wood for 15 cents per square.

Thanks Ken for the reply. It is 2,480 linear feet and some of it goes from 6 foot high to 7 ft high He would like both sides cleaned. It is gray, has no previous stain, but it is in pretty good condition, seems maybe 5 years old.

The outside of this fence is the real nightmare it is hard to access and is overgrown, I will tell the pm that they need to do more than bush hog the area they need to cut all the wild trees growing next to the fence, Its like a jungle. LOL

My fist though on price was around 4,000 but I thought it seemed high, now that I took a look at the property it might have to go up another grand. I think if I dont get any other ideas I'm going to go higher mayber .18- .24sqft.

Anyone that has any other idea on what a ball park price might be?

Thanks

Dan

The way I look at it is how long it will take me lets say 30,000 sq ft at 6sq ft per minute (including fill time)= 83 hours X $75 =$6225,how much Chem., how much of a PITA it will be. Water will be an issue back & forth to the hydrant. Im guessing this a privacy fence. Id look at other options other than bleach. Look at www.newagain.net there stuff works pretty good.