Sign in to follow this  
JEAPAINT

Got my Decker!!!

I drove out to ACR on Friday and picked up a Decker 5'er and a bunch of other stuff. Stopped at Wal-mart on the way home and bought a 27 series deep cycle battery. Charged the battery overnight and hooked everything up this afternoon to try it out.

This thing is COOL!!!! It's gonna save me a bunch of time just in applying chems to a deck over a pump up sprayer. I'm not going to spray stain on a customers deck untill I test spray my own deck to get use to it.

Now on to some questions.

For those that use a Decker or Deckster. What pressure do you use for applying chems (efc-38, HD-80, Brightner, etc...)?

I know each stain is different. Some are thick, some are thin. But in general what preesure would be good for stains? Or is that something you just have to play with to find what works best for you?

I have a gallon of RS to tryout and see how I like it once my test deck is dry enough to apply it.

Doug

Doug,

Congrats on the purchase of your Decker. For getting work done it is the most valuable piece of equipment I own.

First thing, you may want to check the connection of the short black hose coming out of the outlet side of the pump and with the quick connect on the end. Make sure it is tight.

If you are having any problem with pressure, make sure to check and clean the screen at the end of the feed line that goes in the bucket. The screen is very fine and easily clogged. That see through thing on the top right looking at the pump is also a filter.

If you have to take the battery out of the battery box for any reason, make sure the unit is supported in some way or another person is holding it.

I do not use the folding handle to bracket the feed bucket. Buy a heavy duty bungee type rubber thing with the hooks on the end. This saves time and makes it a lot easier to move the unit around.

I cannot help you on various chemicals as my Decker has only been used for stain. Actually the pump has never pushed anything but Ready Seal stain. I set the pressure to between 35 and 50 PSI depending on the job. Take full advantage of the thumb pressure regulator on the gun, it is one of the best features of the unit.

I guarantee after a job or two, you will wonder how you got any staining done and kick yourself for not buying it sooner. For wood staining, the Decker is priceless.