Sign in to follow this  
jgoral76

wtw

Question

Just a few ?s about wtw.

1. does deck have to be wet to apply this.

2 what happens if question 1 is yes.

3.what method other than spraying is best,

8 answers to this question

1. does deck have to be wet to apply this.

No. We actually prefer to apply it dry...call it force of habit if you like...

2. what happens if question 1 is yes.

Coating will go from opaque to semi-trans as it sets up... But question 1. is No.

3.what method other than spraying is best,

We spray and back pad. You could also spray and brush, just brush or just pad. Any will work. It's a matter of preference.

Beth

Beth,

If you could help me get my mind around thinning WTW I would enjoy putting it in my portfolio.

The 'thing' the stops me is that I figure smart people put this together in exact proportions to act in a specific manner. If I add something to it I would be defeating their efforts. And I don't see how I could be smarter about WTW then they are.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill,

Don't mind the fog in my head. It's due to the lack of coffee in my tummy. Having said that, I'll say we tend to use WTW out of the pail for the most part. Sometimes we will apply it wet, but mainly we apply it to dry wood. When applying it to wet wood we don't have to add anything. When applying it to dry wood we don't have to add anything. If we wanted to reduce the color so to speak, we could add either water or mineral spirits. I hope this helps.

Beth

:cup: going on... :cup:

p.s. use it, get used to it, then work on using it wet or cut with water....one step at a time...know what I mean?

I am a coffee person too.

One last thing (probably not). I will be using the Pumptec system to apply it. Any problem with the viscosity?

Bill

We typically run our decker at about 100 to 150 PSI. You might need to add a touch of water or spirits if you are looking for a certain...oh gosh for a lack of better description...spray viscosity.

Make sense?

Beth